Front Diff oil filler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so how do you take front diff/ filler nut off

HOW THEN every says how to fill it but not how to reach it, and remove it.
    would like the help on this one only thing ,stopping me, now done prop change and all fluids, like i said before.
    thanks oz.

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
      I modified a pressure sprayer (those pump up garden thingys) for filling diffs etc.Works great.

Neville
      Neville.

To quote from Apollo 13 - "You Sir are a steely eyed missile man". Just got myself a Hoselock 3L pressure sprayer, works a treat, comes out quite slow because the valve is quite small, however that is quite a good thing as it enables you to be more accurate.

Only cost £19 which considering the price of professional pump oil dispensers which are around £80 and aren't pressure activated just need someone else to pump the handle while you are under the car, I think it's probably one of the best alternate uses for a tool I've ever heard.

Cheers for the advice.

Comment

Thanks Andy

I've got three 5 Litre Hozelocks.One for weeds,one for spraying cleaners/degreasers etc and one for the oils.They're made over there I believe.Paid $25 for one and only $20 each for the other two.I have found they are better quality than all other brands.

The outlet on the one used for the oil has been changed with a brass hose fitting on bottle and a small tap (brass fuel tap from a lawn mower) with a piece of copper tube brazed to fitting which screws in the end and bent to insert in filler hole.This allows you to turn off while under vehicle.

Neville

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
          Thanks Andy

I've got three 5 Litre Hozelocks.One for weeds,one for spraying cleaners/degreasers etc and one for the oils.They're made over there I believe.Paid $25 for one and only $20 each for the other two.I have found they are better quality than all other brands.

The outlet on the one used for the oil has been changed with a brass hose fitting on bottle and a small tap (brass fuel tap from a lawn mower) with a piece of copper tube brazed to fitting which screws in the end and bent to insert in filler hole.This allows you to turn off while under vehicle.

Neville
          I think I'll do that mod with the fuel tap and bras pipe, or maybe even just use a length of hose with a fuel tap in it, that will allow real flexibility.

I just did mine this morning, I did have the AC rad lowered down but the pressure sprayer made topping up so much easier.

Had a bit of a nightmare though when I went to undo the filler haveing dismantled the front of the car and found that the plug was a 24mm not 22mm as I thought. Had to cycle down to Halfords which nearly killed me as we live at the top of a hill and I am not very fit.

Still all done now, feel more confident again that I'm not going to cook the front diff. Plus I got my AC fixed while I was under the front, one disconnected wire to a fan and a whole lot of crud on the radiator.

Thanks for the idea.

Cheers
          Last edited by lucky; 30 July 2004, 14:56.

Comment

Working...
          X