Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Cat - Anybody Used Them??

Hi

I have a Surf that is using a lot of fuel...400km to a tank. It doesn't smoke, is set up right and has low KM's on the clock.

As we don't get Fuel Cat's, here in New Zealand, I can't find any 'real' reviews on how they perform with fuel economy. I'm not running vege oil or bio fuel but regular old fashioned pump diesel, so, do they work as well as is claimed??

Cheers, Paul

Could be wrong mate but i dont think they are for diesel, bump it up again in a few hours when one of the guy`s with the braincell are on line

Comment

hehe, there's been lots of 'discussions' on here about them. I used to supply them, but stopped bothering as couldn't prove much difference, fitted quite a few over the years.

Some people liked them, others didn't, all our trucks and stuff have them, and not had any issues, but didn't ever do any accurate comparisions.

http://www.fuelcat.co.uk/

They don't do any harm.....
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Fuel cat? Reminds of that joke - how do you make a cat go "woof"?

Comment

Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
          Fuel cat? Reminds of that joke - how do you make a cat go "woof"?
          Soak it in petrol and throw it on fire. Find anything on the net cant ya

Comment

I have one on my truck, fitted it a couple of years ago & I noticed a little better fuel consumption. Don't go by what you read when these so called experts say 40 mpg+ cos they are telling fibs, I recon I'm getting an extra 5 mpg which isn't alot but when doing 20,000 miles a year it adds up. I got mine for free from a forum member so it's cost me nothing & has done no harm to the engine.

Waiting for a roasting now from certain members.
            If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Unfortunatley it did nothing on mine, apart from heat the fuel (mine was the heated version, which uses the enine coolant).
              Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
                Unfortunatley it did nothing on mine, apart from heat the fuel (mine was the heated version, which uses the enine coolant).
                We have fuel heaters, here in NZ. They're supposed to give better MPG but I'm a skeptic....if it works that well, why aren't they original equipment? Same thoughts on Fuel Cat, really. That's why I wanted 'real' views...

Will just have to remove the whole EGR kit and take the flaps out the throttle assembly, fit the intercooler and see how it goes from there.......

Comment

the heater/fuel cat was nicer for running veg, it would get it nice and runny before going through the fuel pump, plus it had the fuel cat in it too.
                  4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by schrodingers-cat View Post
                    Soak it in petrol and throw it on fire. Find anything on the net cant ya
                    You had to look it up???????

Comment

Working...
                    X