Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what pro comp shock to fit me surf

Right guys help needed ....

I have a k reg ssr x 2.4 surf and want to upgrade the shocks and spring ...

Im wondering what pro comp shock or what shock to fit

i want to do a 2 inch lift

thanks
    Last edited by teknik; 14 March 2011, 12:39. Reason: spelling

Any one ??

Comment

teknik

from teh info on here it looks like your best option is the +2" springs & shocks fro Roughtrax.

Don't know what make the springs are but the shocks are munroe's which are decent. Don't think Roughtrax can get pro-comp anymore but I'm happy to be put right

hope this helps

hawaii
      I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Chears now i have sorced pro comp and wondering if any one has got sum ...

Comment

Originally posted by teknik View Post
          Right guys help needed ....

I have a k reg ssr x 2.4 surf and want to upgrade the shocks and spring ...

Im wondering what pro comp shock or what shock to fit

i want to do a 2 inch lift

thanks
          We use ARB over here. I have a full Old Man Emu suspension lift kit (springs and shocks) in mine.

Details for ARB are here

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Plug View Post
            We use ARB over here. I have a full Old Man Emu suspension lift kit (springs and shocks) in mine.

Details for ARB are here

What sus lift do you have? and can you tell me what model number your OMEs are!

Thanks
            Alan
            www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Chears now i have sorced pro comp...
              From?

Linky?

It all helps to grease the wheels of Surf Modification!

(I need some myself....!)
              "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
              www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Chears now i have sorced pro comp and wondering if any one has got sum ...
                I don't know what that means.
                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

hi i have procomp on me truck front and rear wit +2suspension lift works well for me on road and greenlaneing but dont realy know what its like off off road if you know what i mean.
                  hope this helps
                  vince
                  surfs just steal all ya money

Comment

Originally posted by tintin View Post
                    What sus lift do you have? and can you tell me what model number your OMEs are!

Thanks
                    Alan
                    I'll grab all the part numbers at work tomorrow and post back here.

It's a 2 inch lift with Old Man Emu springs, steering damper and Nitrocharger shocks.

Of all the upgrades available, ARB was the best. What I found out was that the likes of Monroe, EFS, Ironman, etc all were built to a 20% increase on standard spec, whereas Old Man Emu from ARB was built to a specification to match the criteria ARB set for each model of truck that the suspension was intended for. That very often surpasses a 50 to 60% increase on standard to all other manufacturers and being built for the Oz market, can withstand the toughest conditions imaginable.

Here in NZ and Oz, ARB are the market leaders for all things 4x4, both on upgraded road cars and competition vehicles.

Comment

Bearmach are pro comp agents for the uk.Basically you want a shock with an eye on the bottom and a stud on the top,most pro comp shocks are suitable for a wide range of vehicle applications ,they usually come with a set of bushes for the eye,to fit a variety of vehicles and a long stud on top.just measure your standard shocks and add 2" to the measurements.Ring bearmach and give them the info you aqquired and they should be able to cross refference that with a part number.
                      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Nice one.surferstine

Comment

Working...
                        X