Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear suspension is sagging now :(

Hi people

My rear end on the hilux is finally starting to sag , usual problem with these.
    Just wondering what to do about it, do i buy replacement springs like for like? go for a 2" lift? what do i buy n from where?

just really some advice on what to do before i throw the cash away

Thanks

Sit down, step away from thr keyboard and hide your credit card.

Now...

Ultimately, what do you want to achieve?

I'll say it again...

In the end, when it's complete, what do you want to achieve?

Work this out FIRST and the journey will be more pleasant and considerably cheaper.

Let us know, and then we'll (they'll) help you...
    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
    www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Thanks for the reply

it has to be caple of light 4x4 use, some towing of a small trailor and some heavy lifting is what were aimin for.
      Thats what i would like to acheive from the old girl.
      Just dont know what to go for

Comment

Okay,
        Towing vehicles are always better closer to the ground...
        Depending on nose weight, you should be okay with the Roughtrax plus 2's. They will give you an extra inch of lift (yep, not 2...) and are extremely progressive. LC springs will give you too much lift imho, unless you are considering upping tyre size at any time?
        "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
        www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Quirky,

I think I'm now in a similar situation to you - did you go with the Roughtrax option as suggested or something else? I've also looked at the Milners springs but they don't mention being (stiffer) unlike the posts of a few years ago on this sight which mentions them. Can anyone else offer an opinion? Use will be as Quirky described - lightish off road going across fields etc as it will be a working truck.
          The Milners' ones are £33 cheaper - need to get a filter kit as well so will get both from the same place ideally as i'm about to embark down the veg oil route after reading up on it here and only getting 22mpg (is that normal for a KZN130 3.0TDI SSRX?! as I read somewhere someone was getting 30mpg?!)

Any info is much appreciated,

T.
          Last edited by TASR12; 27 April 2011, 14:11.

Comment

Hi, i phoned milners a couple of days ago to enquire about their standard springs as my truck sounds in a similar position. i was told that they are 20% stiffer than originals. i also thought about the roughtrax +2" but not sure if i would need to change the rear shocks. Why does one job always create another 5?
            Non consternationes.

Comment

From what I've read on here the 2 inch lift springs don't require any further work if jut changed alone - can anyone else confirm that or is it just worth getting the Milners's ones?

Comment

Working...
              X