speedo needle removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speedo needle removal?

hi there anyone changed their clock faces? how do u remove the speedo needle? does it just pull off? anyone ever adjusted the milage on theres? i.e i got some 2nd hand clocks and the milage is 170000 and my surf only done 70000???? thanks all
    ALL THE GEAR!............no idea!

Make sure the needle is at rest, slip it over the pin if needed (at rest is NOT when it's against the pin), Mark its position, then remove it using 2 teaspoons.

'Clocking' is illegal in the UK, so I'll not be telling you how to do it.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

cool thanks 4 the reply thought it might b somethin along them lines would never have thought of spoons though thanks, ill work out the speedo prob im sure, one more question....where do i subscribe as the link on the thread at the top of the general page is not working?

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
        Make sure the needle is at rest, slip it over the pin if needed (at rest is NOT when it's against the pin), Mark its position, then remove it using 2 teaspoons.

'Clocking' is illegal in the UK, so I'll not be telling you how to do it.
        Is it still illegal if you are setting it to the correct mileage?
        I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Originally posted by lord_flashart View Post
          Is it still illegal if you are setting it to the correct mileage?
          As far as I know, yes. It's still not something I'd give instructions for on the internet.

That said, digital dash odometers can be re-set/synchrinised at a dealer. Any time I've swapped speedo heads, I recorded the old reading, kept the proof (MOTs etc.) and photographed it.

Comment

As far as I know, yes. It's still not something I'd give instructions for on the internet.

That said, digital dash odometers can be re-set/synchrinised at a dealer. Any time I've swapped speedo heads, I recorded the old reading, kept the proof (MOTs etc.) and photographed it.
            As I understand it "clocking" is not illegal, however surprising it may seem. That is why you get lots of people offering the service online - these guys for example go to lengths to explain they only do it for honest reasons. Which makes one wonder why they offer their service as being professional, reliable and discreet".

That is true whether i is done to the "correct reading" or your favourite number.

However selling a car in circumstances where you know that the reading is incorrect is fraud. This is generally disapproved of. Even in Leigh.

Likewise adjusting the reading in order to stay within an insurance mileage limit is fraud.

There are any number of ways of being caught out - MOT records and insurance records being the most common (although I understand that the government's new and presumably highly expensive computer system does not record the mileage submitted with MOTs).

Good luck proving that the mileage to which you have changed the reading of your (imported) truck is correct in circumstances where other material suggests otherwise.

But if you can prove that the mileage is incorrect, then it is perfectly legitimate to correct it. Best keep the material that "proves" what the correct mileage is. Just in case...

Comment

We live and learn, I always thought the 'tampering' bit was illegal too.

I'm still not telling anyone how to do it...

Comment

Our truck was 'clocked' when imported, the importers wound the odo back to say the right miles on the clock from the Km's that where on there originally

They give you a document when buying truck saying the odo has been altered and why.

Its only illegal if you do it to defraud someone.

You can do what you want to it.
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

all sorted now thanks, gonna leave the numbers its all documented anyway. had a prob with the new clocks though as the needle kept getting stuck, turns out the facia was warped and catching the needle, put the old facia on there prob solved

Comment

We live and learn, I always thought the 'tampering' bit was illegal too.

I'm still not telling anyone how to do it...
                    You should write a "how-to", and a program to record all the views so we know whose trucks to avoid if they come up for sale!

Comment

Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
                      You should write a "how-to", and a program to record all the views so we know whose trucks to avoid if they come up for sale!
                      heheheee my new speedos going in this week and it says 0mls - and i'm not telling what interstellar mileage was on the old one

Comment

Originally posted by gary-r View Post
                        heheheee my new speedos going in this week and it says 0mls - and i'm not telling what interstellar mileage was on the old one
                        173 sounds about right. What are a few noughts between friends!?

Comment

Working...
                        X