bouncy front on surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yungjamie
    Cant hear no relay switch clicking. Could it be the relay switch at fault and if so where is it. Does the hard mode stiffen the suspension up when it is working properly as I'm undecided what to do suspension wise. I did want to try and keep it original if poss.

Cheers

Jamie.

Mine makes no clicking going from hard to soft setting but does work. Setting to hard you will notice a difference going over speed humps pot holes etc you will feel the bumps more on hard setting.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

ditto.

Comment

No Soft.......
        No Hard.......

Bright Yellow Gas Monroes all round
        Simon.O.
        '90 SSR Ltd 2.4TD 5 spd

Comment

will my Surf fail its MOT if front shocks are gone? coming off a speedhump it fully compresses so do i need new shocks or springs? can it fail the MOT for this?
          It doesnt have one right now and is going in on Tues.
          Thanks
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

They rarely do unless its real bad. Generally a surf will hit the bump stops on soft setting over a speed hump at any reasonable speed. But thats also to do with how soft your torsion bars are.

Push the front down hard a couple times, it shouldn't bounce at all after yu stop.

Most shocks I've changed for people when fitting lifts have been fairly shagged compared to new ones..
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

OK sounds more promising, it doesnt have standard rear shocks anyway - blue spring look cool though! Ill check what they are tomorrow, so if they dont work on the switch anyway I might as well replace them with £30 ones from Milners... any good?
              Cheers for the help as always
              Tim
              Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Bouncy front.

Hi guys.

Recently put a set of springs on from Milners. Back is great now, but the front suspension still bounces, not as bad as it was. Need to put new shockers on the front now but have'nt a clue which to fit. Milners do a set of non adjustable shockers for around £80 all in but would appreciate some advice if it is best to fit adjustable ones so to level it out with the new rear springs. If so which are the right ones to fit and where do I get the aftermarket ones from. Milners don't stock the adjustables.

Thanks,

Jamie.

Comment

Originally posted by yungjamie
                  Hi guys.

Recently put a set of springs on from Milners. Back is great now, but the front suspension still bounces, not as bad as it was. Need to put new shockers on the front now but have'nt a clue which to fit. Milners do a set of non adjustable shockers for around £80 all in but would appreciate some advice if it is best to fit adjustable ones so to level it out with the new rear springs. If so which are the right ones to fit and where do I get the aftermarket ones from. Milners don't stock the adjustables.

Thanks,

Jamie.
                  You'll probably only get the adjustable ones from Toyota, most who replace the shocks seem to go with ES3000 for the front & ES9000 on the back, although with new rear springs ES3000 all round would be OK.
                  Try
                  www.explorerprocomp.co.uk
                  www.toyotahilux.com
                  www.milneroffroad.com
                  www.supertrux.com
                  Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                  My choice
                  Back off

Comment

Working...
                  X