yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help! speedo no worky, o/d light flashing fault no. 9?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help! speedo no worky, o/d light flashing fault no. 9?????

hi there, i have a surf on a 93 its a 2.4td, replaced engine for an exact replacement, all ok apart from the speedo not working, the o/d light flashes after about 1/3 of a mile, when i get to the end of 3rd gear the check engine light comes on, when i read the codes by shorting e1 and te1 i get 9 flashes then 12 and it repeats itself, with no flashes from the o/d light. i have checked all the connectors a few times and all are connected and good condition, i have an electric speedo which has a negative pulse from the sender at the back of the gearbox all the way to the back of the speedo but no speed reading, had the speedo out to check its ok, apart from some flaking of the green cover paint stuff all looks ok, i have continuity all over it from solder to solder. any ideas or points in the right direction would be very much appreciated thanks
    ALL THE GEAR!............no idea!

update

just managed to find how to read fault codes on gearbox(with 3 hrs searching) by shorting e1 to another terminal and am getting codes 4 2 which i think is the number 1 speed sensor on the back of the speedo so gonna go for a replacement speedo fingers crossed this will solve the problem...

Comment

other terminal is Tt in bottom right hand corner of plug as u face o/s wing

Comment

problem solved, new clocks work fine, no fault lights, speedo workin... sweet!

Comment

Working...
        X