Wheels & Tyres ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels & Tyres ?

Hi! After a whole year tracking down a gen 2, 3.0 lt surf i am now the proud owner of a shiny black one. I am pretty new at this and I am going to be trying to work on it myself and was hoping I could grab some advice.
    no:1 the steering is out and there is a pull to the left when breaking where do i start?
    no:2 the wheels and tryes are knackered so will a set of 16" hilux rims fit on my surf? they are 6 stud? They are from a 3 year old hilux?

Any advice would be a great help
    Thanks

If its pulling left when braking, then your right side caliper is probably seized and there is no braking on the right wheel. Its therefore unsafe and should not be driven till fixed.

Im pretty sure The hilux rims will fit your Surf provided the centre hole is the right size. Stud pattern ( PCD ) is the same. Before proceeding you should look at the wheel offset, you dont want a positive offset, cant remember what the standard wheels are but i think you need to be looking at an offset range from -8 to -22. Somebody who actually knows will pop in and tell you soon enough.
    And finally, hello and welcome.

Oh and one more thing, put your truck details in your profile, and then you wont have tell everyone each time you post
    Last edited by Bogus; 1 March 2011, 01:21. Reason: added stuff
    Сви можемо

Comment

no:1 the steering is out and there is a pull to the left when breaking where do i start?

I had a similar problem on my truck but went away after i replaced front pads, the right side was very worn compared to the left. Not saying that was the problem but an observation

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I have a big box on the way with my service items which I will be hopefully fitting on Saturday. I will be checking the brakes as suggested too. After spending some more time with the surf it may be a steering / tracking problem! The steering wheel is not centered but the wheels are straight! On the wheel front I might stick to some original 15" rims available on eBay. They look a bit pitted but would save me some dosh. Thanks again,

Comment

Working...
        X