Brand new rear spring issue.2nd Gen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand new rear spring issue.2nd Gen

Hi all, After joining the site and being well and truly bitten by the surf bug I decided to start small and buy the longer up rated springs that are regularly spoken about on here and lift the front just an inch on the torsion bars, which I did successfuly.

The bigger rear coil springs that arrived from Roughtrax were fitted and i drove about 20 miles. The passenger side sits a good half to three quaters of an inch higher than the drivers side. The springs arrived in the box clearly marked Right and Left I put the right one on the drivers side and the left on the passenger side. Is this the norm ? Or have I ducked it up as usual?

Any advice is very welcome.

Thanks Tony.
    Its all about the journey not the destination.

the taller spring goes in the drivers side - allows for the weight of the fuel tank.
    sounds like they are the wrong way round unless you keep bags of rocks on the passenger seat.

Comment

Spanners or rocks it's a toughie that one! Well it looks like the spanners are coming out again this weekend. With the instructions this time.

Cheers Tony.

Comment

Personally,i would drive it around for a week or two and let the springs settle in,if not then you may have the springs fitted the wrong way round.the other thing you can do after you have checked to make sure the springs are fitted correctly is adjust the front torsion bars to make the truck sit right.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Thanks for the last suggetstion, I did drive it around and it has settled, i also adjusted the torsion bars again. It drives really well and looks well ballanced it sort of sits just right now, if that makes sense?

Cheers Tony.

Comment

Originally posted by Treadlox View Post
            it sort of sits just right now, if that makes sense?
            total sense. For about a week, then you'll look at it and go 'hmmm, need more lift! ' trust me it will happen. Might as well get the coil spacers and body lift ordered now mate
            "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
            www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Working...
            X