Front Wheel Bearing specification?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Wheel Bearing specification?

I was wondering if anyone has the bearing specification for the front inner and outer bearings on a Gen2?

Need to replace the O/S front set and was wondering if I could source one cheaper from a bearing supplier than one of the on line shops.

Timken part No's

Inner Race and Journal JLM104910, JLM104948
    Outer Race and Journal LM 102949, LM102910

Dont forget seal, hub gasket and lock-tab

Nev

Comment

BA 2990E is a seal number I have.

Nev
      Last edited by NiftyNev; 17 January 2011, 11:22.

Comment

It's a 68x85x8/10 seal.

Nev

Comment

Cheers Guys Ill have a potter about the interweb and see if I can source them.

Comment

Well had a mooch about - cheaper to source the bearings from Roughtrax or Milners as a set but was worth a try.

Comment

milners wheel bearings were crap and broke up in a short period of time.Not sure if they are still like it or not but i would be inclined to get them from Roughtrax
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Milners are supplying bearings made by KG at the moment. No idea if they're good or bad.

Don't know what brand R'trax are selling at the mo.

Rob.
                Last edited by wishbone; 17 January 2011, 20:52. Reason: Removed country of manufacture as not 100% sure.

Comment

Roughtrax are using Optimal Bearings from Germany
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Thanks for that Rich, at least now people can make their own mind up between the 2 manufacturers.

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                      milners wheel bearings were crap and broke up in a short period of time.Not sure if they are still like it or not but i would be inclined to get them from Roughtrax
                      I had heard this as well about the Milners ones so will be looking at Roughtrax. One thing I did notice was the difference in price of the Bronze bearings? Any ideas if there are issues with the Milners ones as they are much cheaper?

PS Stormforce - will try and get the picture of the rear window and windscreen seals Im after sent to you later on..... have just got back from a night shift so once Ive had some kip Ill see what I can do.

Comment

Fitted Milners front bearings on my old 2nd gen about 2 years ago. Sold the truck a year ago, but the buyer is a member here and AFAIK he's not had front wheel bearing issues.

Just the other side of the coin
                        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I suppose it may have been a bad shipment / batch that so many people had a problem with as Im sure Milners buy them in bulk orders but Ill just go with the general consencus as they are the same price give or take. Happy to use Milners for other stuff - Horses for courses as they say

Comment

i used city seals and bearing sheffield
                            they make them for most cars
                            if i have gone to toyota i would have got the same box

about 40 quid a side the nuts and locking washer i got from toyota 12 quid aside
                            am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

We have a bearings and seal place down the road and just out of curiosity i asked for prices.

Inner Race and Journal JLM104910, JLM104948 Branded @ £19.66 ea Unbranded @ £5.95 ea
                              Outer Race and Journal LM 102949, LM102910 branded @ £21.41 ea Unbranded @ £6.19 ea

Mayday Bearings and Seals, Cheltenham, Glos. 01242241022
                              www.maydayseals.co.uk
                              Remember arrows are silent.....................
                              Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

Working...
                              X