Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear heater matrix pipes (3rd gen)

Hey fellas

I have a little problem with the two small hard pipes that run off the 2 big coolant pipes at the back of the head..they conect into the 2 bigger pipes jus beside the brake master cylinder an run down under the body of the surf an up into the body again about where the back of the drivers seat would be..im assumin these are coolant pipes for the rear heater matrix?
    wat i want to know is if i got a two big lengths of rubber coolant pipe or braided hose...could i replace the two hard pipes wit it?witout any issues or problems to the coolant system??
    reason i ask is the two hard pipes are fairly rusted an im findin it hard to get replacement ones over here.

Thanks
    Dara

I think I mentioned this to you before?

You can buy heater hose by the foot from motor factors, even E-bay.
    Just measure the total length you'll need, when fitted, zip tie it to the chassis or somewhere else secure to keep it away from moving parts.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      I think I mentioned this to you before?

You can buy heater hose by the foot from motor factors, even E-bay.
      Just measure the total length you'll need, when fitted, zip tie it to the chassis or somewhere else secure to keep it away from moving parts.
      nope definitly wasnt me you mentioned it to mate i only noticed the pipes a few days ago.
      you mean rubber heater hose ya??thats wat id planned on replacin the hard pipe wit as long as it doesnt cause an problems

Comment

Yeah, the rubber heater/coolant hose. You'll need to quote the internal diameter of the existing hose, or the outside diameter of the rigid pipe when purchasing.

For future reference:
        Flexible hose is sold with the I.D. measurement listed.
        Solid tubing is sold with the O.D. measurement listed.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          Yeah, the rubber heater/coolant hose. You'll need to quote the internal diameter of the existing hose, or the outside diameter of the rigid pipe when purchasing.

For future reference:
          Flexible hose is sold with the I.D. measurement listed.
          Solid tubing is sold with the O.D. measurement listed.
          cool thanks mate...i actually have a big roll of coolant hose out the garage left over from my track car that has the exact internal diameter i need to replace the two pipes so ill use that to replace the two pipes

Comment

Working...
          X