yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHat to use to rebond cog on rear window motor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHat to use to rebond cog on rear window motor?

Hi, my rear window is playing up .
    Everything is working electrically as I can hear the motor spinning and if I help it either up or down it will go so I think the cog is just spinning on the motor spindle.
    Without pulling it all apart first can anyone let me know what the best way to rebond the cog to the spindle would be?
    There are various expoxy resins and Loctite products I can get from work so it should be any easy fix, I just want to ask if anyone else has done it before.
    If they are not successful does anyone know what the motor spindle diameter is? I could possible drill and pin the cog?

Cheers,

Ray.
    I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Have a look at this site: http://daemon4x4.org/portal/articles.php?rid=0

However, I doubt it is worth it. Just buy a replacement motor from a breaker. There are lots of Toyota rear left-hand side window motors that fit. Do a search.

Comment

If its the bit with the rubber damper thats become unbonded (very common fault), I just bolted through it. It was fine from there on.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

Unfortunately buying even a replacement, second hand item is a stretch at the moment but I did read about the Toyota motor compatibility. Thanks for the link to the info Yorta2.

Apache, thanks for the info, I wasn't aware it would fail in such a spectacular way!? I'll have to take it out and check when I get a chance.

Thanks,

Ray.
        Last edited by lord_flashart; 12 January 2011, 11:52.

Comment

I'd be doing it while the window still works, so that would be quite soon imo. H

Comment

Yeah, I'm planning to but rain, work, family and everything else always seem to come first for some reason?!

Thanks for all your help guys, I'll post back ASAP and let you know what happened.

Cheers,

Ray.

Comment

If you're a bit strapped for cash swap the motor with the one in the rear nearside passenger door. If you have to, wedge that window up with a lump of wood.

Rob.

Comment

OK, all done. It took a couple of hours all in but that's because I couldn't find half my tools!

Simple repair though, there are 3 conveniently placed holes in the drive disc which I just slammed the drill through and then tapped the holes before securind the screws with Loctite.

M4 is definitely the best size and the correct drill size to tap M4 x 0.7 is 3.3mm in case anyone does drill 3mm and has a bit of trouble starting the tapping process. That 0.3mm makes all the difference.

Cheers for all your help (especially the repair link!),

Ray.

Comment

Working...
                X