T-belt signal - meaning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-belt signal - meaning?

The T-belt warning sign on my 3l auto surf lit up today. Does this mean the cambelt is worn or badly adjusted, or what? I'm puzzled because I had a new belt fitted about 6K kms ago. Can anyone tell me what triggers this warning light? Could it be just linked to mileage (it lit up around the time the clock went to 100K kms) or might belt failure be imminent? Grateful for any expert advice!!

Originally posted by mary
    The T-belt warning sign on my 3l auto surf lit up today. Does this mean the cambelt is worn or badly adjusted, or what? I'm puzzled because I had a new belt fitted about 6K kms ago. Can anyone tell me what triggers this warning light? Could it be just linked to mileage (it lit up around the time the clock went to 100K kms) or might belt failure be imminent? Grateful for any expert advice!!
    You are spot on Mary. The t-belt warning switch needs resetting. I think it is behind the rubber blanking grommet, just under the tripometer reset. Have a look in the FAQ section, I'm sure it has been covered before.

Welcome to Surf madness.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Timing belt is due at 100kms (warning light is mileage related), as you have already had it done all you need do is get the warning light reset.
      Do a search to find out how (different methods for the diferent gens)

Comment

So I can relax! Many thanks folks for your prompt replies. Have tried to search site for reset info but can't immediately find anything. I'll have a look around the tripometer in daylight tomorrow. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by mary
          So I can relax! Many thanks folks for your prompt replies. Have tried to search site for reset info but can't immediately find anything. I'll have a look around the tripometer in daylight tomorrow. Thanks again.
          This thread covers methods for 2nd & 3rd Gen models. http://www.yotasurf-online.co.uk/pub...ht=timing+belt Post #2 for the 2nd Gen, subsequent posts deal with the 3rd Gen.

If you fill in your vehicle details in your user profile, it will help ensure you get replys most relevant to your vehicle.
          Maurice
          Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Working...
          X