stainless steel exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stainless steel exhaust

Hi guys I am supposed to be getting a stainless exhaust from the turbo back tomorrow at pro speed exhaust in Cardiff what sound should I expect or ask for coming from a 3.0td as I want it to sound as meaty as it will soon look but the owner of the garage wasn’t as optimistic as I was he said ''its a diesel imp not going to get as good a sound as a petrol'' that’s obvious but for approaching £ 350-400 I was wanting a deep rumbling v8 sounding note.

Are my expectations to high? Also should I get a side exit exhaust, or the tailpipe coming out/flush with the bumper?

Originally posted by scubadog86 View Post
    Hi guys I am supposed to be getting a stainless exhaust from the turbo back tomorrow at pro speed exhaust in Cardiff what sound should I expect or ask for coming from a 3.0td as I want it to sound as meaty as it will soon look but the owner of the garage wasn’t as optimistic as I was he said ''its a diesel imp not going to get as good a sound as a petrol'' that’s obvious but for approaching £ 350-400 I was wanting a deep rumbling v8 sounding note.

Are my expectations to high? Also should I get a side exit exhaust, or the tailpipe coming out/flush with the bumper?
    i had powerflow twin system fitted exhaust out rear each side of towbar sounds brill deep throaty roar, £500.00 worth every penny
    johnno
    15 years in shiny club, lovely

Comment

It will never sound like a gas V8, because it isn't. It can sound deep and throaty though. Were you planning to run a straight piping back system, or were you going to use a resonator, or muffler, or both, and which brand/model? What diameter piping will you use?
      '96 Toyota Hilux Surf SSR-G - RIP

Comment

Working...
      X