Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting Problems!!!!

Hi all,

Having yet another issue with the 91 2.4td. I have now replaced the glow plug fuse, the glow plugs and wacked two new batteries in there however I am still having starting problems!!

She is turning over but is just not firing, she does eventually fire but after turning over for some time, I am thinking that maybe the next step is replacing the fuel filter? If anyone else has an ideas then I would much appreciate it!! Starting to really tear my hair out over this now!!!

Thanks for all the help!!

Ed.

Originally posted by edwin View Post
    Hi all,

Having yet another issue with the 91 2.4td. I have now replaced the glow plug fuse, the glow plugs and wacked two new batteries in there however I am still having starting problems!!

She is turning over but is just not firing, she does eventually fire but after turning over for some time, I am thinking that maybe the next step is replacing the fuel filter? If anyone else has an ideas then I would much appreciate it!! Starting to really tear my hair out over this now!!!

Thanks for all the help!!

Ed.
    hello mate are you getting fuel to the injectors? Fuel filter is a good place to start and cheep to do. is there power to the glow plug rail, its worth checking the connection there

merry christmas
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I am not sure how I can check the fuel is getting to the injectors, in other posts they say crack the injectors but I don't really know what that means?!

I am getting black smoke at start as well so think that points towards the fuel filter doesn't it?

Will do the fuel filter today and see if that makes a difference. I ###### hope it does!!

Thanks.

Ed

Comment

Crack the injector pipe then turn engine over means to undo one of the pipes from the injector and then ignition, you'll see diesel if its working right. Black smoke = glow plugs goosed, or, overfueling, or EGR needs blocking off/modifying. H

Comment

Working...
        X