Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Tyres?

Hi

Probably a daft question but here goes...

My 3rd Gen Surf is currently fitted with Bridgestone Dueler 265/70/R16 tyres but 2 of the 4 need replacing.

I have seen some 265/75/R16 's for sale at a resonable price am I ok to fit these or would it cause any issues?

Also what are the recommended tyre size for a 3rd Gen surf?

Thanks

My personal choice is BFG AT's. IMO they are the best all rounder but you pay a bit more for them but they last forever. I assume the 265/70's are standard, but the 265/75's are closer to a 32" tyre which should be fine. Bite the bullet get rid of the B/stones - I assume they are the ones it came from Japan with - and go for a full set of BFGs.

Cheers, Nick
    Last edited by Nick V; 28 November 2010, 11:44.
    "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Are you talking about replacing only 2?
      You shouldn't really mix sizes on a 4 wheel drive vehicle, even though your 3rd gen probably has 'full time' capability.
      Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by Nick V View Post
        My personal choice is BFG AT's. IMO they are the best all rounder but you pay a bit more for them but they last forever. I assume the 265/70's are standard, but the 265/75's are closer to a 32" tyre which should be fine. Bite the bullet get rid of the B/stones - I assume they are the ones it came from Japan with - and go for a full set of BFGs.

Cheers, Nick
        Hi Nick

Thanks for the info, can you tell me exactly which BFG's I should be looking for or do they only make one type for that wheel size? Also what is the going rate for these tyres?

The bridgestones are the one it came from Japan with as far as I am aware, I am the second owner in the UK so I can't be sure but I assume they are.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
          Are you talking about replacing only 2?
          You shouldn't really mix sizes on a 4 wheel drive vehicle, even though your 3rd gen probably has 'full time' capability.
          Hi

No I would replace all 4 if I went for the 75's as the ones I have found are a set of 4 anyway. I would only replace 2 if they were like for like.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by carcuscrae View Post
            Hi Nick

Thanks for the info, can you tell me exactly which BFG's I should be looking for or do they only make one type for that wheel size? Also what is the going rate for these tyres?

The bridgestones are the one it came from Japan with as far as I am aware, I am the second owner in the UK so I can't be sure but I assume they are.

Thanks
            I would go for the BFG A/T's (All Terrain)and the 265/75/16 should be fine (unless anyone says otherwise) they are slightly bigger than standard. You will pay more for them so shop around, but they will last forever!

Cheers, Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Nick V View Post
              I would go for the BFG A/T's (All Terrain)and the 265/75/16 should be fine (unless anyone says otherwise) they are slightly bigger than standard. You will pay more for them so shop around, but they will last forever!

Cheers, Nick
              Hi Nick

Are you saying I should go for BFG in 265/70/16 or 265/75/16?

What about Continental Cross Contact LX are these any good?

Thanks
              Last edited by carcuscrae; 28 November 2010, 14:07.

Comment

Hi Nick

Are you saying I should go for BFG in 265/70/16 or 265/75/16?

What about Continental Cross Contact LX are these any good?

Thanks
                I would go for the bigger, but check first but I'm sure they will fit no problem. No idea about the Continental apart from the fact it's totally road biased, which is fine I suppose if you stick to roads. BFG A/T's give you the best of both worlds, and that's why I love 'em!

Cheers, Nick

Comment

Hi

Probably a daft question but here goes...

My 3rd Gen Surf is currently fitted with Bridgestone Dueler 265/70/R16 tyres but 2 of the 4 need replacing.

I have seen some 265/75/R16 's for sale at a resonable price am I ok to fit these or would it cause any issues?

Also what are the recommended tyre size for a 3rd Gen surf?

Thanks
                  No they will rub on full lock and catch under articulation, I have this size BF's (in MT's) and had to fit a lift, borrowed some AT's to see if they would be ok (was gonna swop) but they still caught.
                  Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Carcuscrae.
                    Set of 265/70/16s offered. See your wanted advert.
                    Cheers,
                    Mark

Comment

Working...
                    X