Anyone able to talk me out of...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone able to talk me out of...

Sticking my Lexus V8 in an early(ish) Hilux pickup? The light back end is an issue, as are front axle clearances. But I reckon they are fixable. Any other issues?

I won't tray back it, I hate them, but it won't have the original bed either. First thoughts on tyre size is 35", and it must be driveable on road as well as off.

For the purpose of this discussion, expertise and money aren't an issue.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Do it!

Comment

The sumps are only pressed steel and can be chopped and welded to clear the diff.
      The V8 is so light, rear end traction shouldn't be a problem unless you want it to be.

Comment

Go for it, and post lots of pics
        www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

A quality brand of M/T or A/Ts 35's are perfectly OK as a daily driver, (personally I'd save for BFG's) especially as power to turn them isn't an issue.

A bobtailed stock bed is nice, or if your building one it'll probably be quite heavy anyway if you're worried about lack of weight at the back.

Front axle clearance will be not a great issue, with enough lift to clear 35's you'll have loads of room on top of ront axle, you can always limit up travel with the bump stops. reposition the axle torque arm as thats the highest bit, and its rubbish where it is with lots of lift anyway.

I'd do it.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I'd like to own it....

Sounds great

Comment

So did we talk you out of it?

Comment

Not yet.

Comment

Good, wasn't trying to hard to.

There's not many arguments against aside from money and being arsed to do it. TBH.

Get going!

Comment

My biggest thing is being arsed and finding somewhere to do it.

Money isn't a massive issue, I'd just do the build slower.

I'll see what I think I'd like to do, check back here for criticism, then cost the whole build. Once I have a total cost, that'll drive the time line.

Comment

Just think of the warm buzz you'd get if, instead of wasting your money on that, you gave it to me. Just think of the happiness you'd bring me....

Regards the 'other stuff'. Have been working silly hours recently, but I haven't forgotten and I'll get to it as soon as I can.
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                      X