Wipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wipers

Anyone got a magic solution to stopping my wiper blades from screaming at me, tried replacing them, still the same.
    Anyone?

Originally posted by Posh View Post
    Anyone got a magic solution to stopping my wiper blades from screaming at me, tried replacing them, still the same.
    Anyone?
    Try cleaning the screen with a different product. Waxes leave a coating (of wax strangely enough!) which builds up and can cause all sorts of problems. Try cleaning the screen with glass cleaner (windolene etc...), and don't forget to clean the wipers thenselves with the same stuff, otherwise you'll just put the $hite back on it!
    HTH
    PS
    Or use some rainex and forget about the wipers altogether!
    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
    www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Tried cleaning it, and its a new windscreen. Had the same problem with the old one too.

Comment

Car plan do a spray that cleans the screen, you just spray it on, leave it for a minute & then turn the wipers on.

Stops mine from sqeaking & smearing for about 2 weeks at a time & you get about 8 sprays "8 cleans" out of one can for a couple of quid.

Oh, it also stops wiper judder aswell.
        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Just wipe the blades with a vinegar soaked rag.

Comment

methylated spirit works very well at removing all the grease that accumulates inside and out apply with a rag and buff it with a miracle cloth otherwise called magic cloths
            I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

I replaced the rubber blades with silicone ones (about 5 years ago) and they are still operating well, without squeeking, and that is in a pretty hot Aussie climate.

Comment

Working...
              X