Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viberation when going through 2nd

1993 K Reg TOYOTA SU RF HILUX SU RF 2.4 TD AUTOMATIC
    I am getting viberation when going through secound gear, the faster you go then the viberation gets worse but clears befor you go on to 3rd any Ideas ???
    Last edited by ciaran dempsey; 9 November 2010, 16:20.

Check the atf level.
    Check the rear propshaft uj's aswell as that can be an indication with the vibrating.It will gradually get worse then let go which you dont want to happen
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Is it gear related, or road speed related? Not as daft a question as it sounds if you have an Auto. Try it with O/D off or locked in 2nd. My money's on speed related. That would point at U'Js or wheel balance.

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
        Check the atf level.
        Check the rear propshaft uj's aswell as that can be an indication with the vibrating.It will gradually get worse then let go which you dont want to happen
        Thanx for your reply.
        I parked the jeep on the handbrake and left it in neutral and couldn't feel any backlash on the propshaft. would that indicate the UJ's are ok?
        ATF fluid looks a little high, checked when cold!
        what do ya reckon

Comment

Originally posted by davec170 View Post
          Is it gear related, or road speed related? Not as daft a question as it sounds if you have an Auto. Try it with O/D off or locked in 2nd. My money's on speed related. That would point at U'Js or wheel balance.
          Thanx for your relpy
          I think it is gear related becuase when i roll down hill in neutral (around same speed ) the viberation does not show. Ill try OD or 2nd and see how it goes !
          ATB

Comment

Working...
          X