Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noobie problem question

Hi,
    just bought myself a nice hilux surf L plate, 3.0td manual . . love it to bits.

BUT!!! . . Bubbles come up the rad when revved - not foam or oil . . just some medium sized bubbles, oil weeping all along head gasket(not dripping), discoloured aluminium above one of the cylinders ( previous overheating??) and just this morning a puff of white smoke from exhaust followed by 5 or 6 seconds of lumpy turn over. Temperature was below zero - (Aberdeenshire)

Is this cylinder head crackage/warpage/seepage? ha ha . . better laugh than cry!

Originally posted by broseph View Post
    just this morning a puff of white smoke from exhaust followed by 5 or 6 seconds of lumpy turn over.
    That's the usual signs of a cracked head.

Nev

Comment

To start with make sure the head is torqued down properly as thif its not then it will cause oil to seep pass the gasket.The bubbles may be due to an airlock.I wouls also get a sniffer test done to see if any gases are in the coolant
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Head torque

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
        To start with make sure the head is torqued down properly as thif its not then it will cause oil to seep pass the gasket.The bubbles may be due to an airlock.I wouls also get a sniffer test done to see if any gases are in the coolant
        Thanks, i will try that. . . could that be the reason for bubbles when revving?? If oil gets out i suppose coolant could get in? or am i just wishfull thinking

This morning it wouldn't start! just made one "click" noise every time i turned the ignition? hydrolock? . . any way i let it roll out my driveway whilst lifting the clutch in gear. . . tried ignition again and it started on the button?! it then blew out a small amount of white smoke as i drove to work, untill engine was hot. . . hhmmmmmm

Comment

Working...
        X