Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by albannach View Post
    :d

barber's adagio for strings now. I'm in my zone...
    :d :d
    Last edited by biosurf; 27 December 2010, 03:25.

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
      and mine I think.

Now theres no need to be so argumentative. It's Christmas still (ish).

If you've been a member (I mean of this forum, obviously ) for this long and read through old threads via your search for answers, then surely you know that sarcasm is a fairly common occurence here. Be a bit boring without it. Really what you're complaining about is quite mild so no need to be precious.
      I agree to a point Bio, and if it was my interior light staying on was the problem, id take any sarcasm on the chin, but we re talking about my brakes here, pretty important to me if not of any interest to others. Im not getting argumentative but annoyed at some posters willingness to intercede with no particular help offered.
      nigel
      Last edited by nigel129; 27 December 2010, 03:26.
      Surf K Reg LN130 2.4 AUTO

Comment

Originally posted by nigel129 View Post
        I agree to a point Bio, and if it was my interior light staying on was the problem, id take any sarcasm on the chin, but we re talking about my brakes here, pretty important to me if not of any interest to others. Im not getting argumentative but annoyed at some posters willingness to intercede with no particular help offered.
        nigel
        Well... lump it.
        Bottom line is, I'm sure a man of your considerable intellect and Parkinsons-esque hammering of your keyboard can work out which posts are sarcastic and dismiss them quickly? No need to get annoyed.
        If I were you I would be more concerned with those posts that sound coherent and sage but are useless nonsense written by numpties who think they know what they're doing but don't. I would spend more time working out which members know they're stuff and which don't- it would be a much better use of your time.
        You've suceeded in getting a bit hissy fitty with two of the most knowledgable people on here which isn't exactly going to help you when asking questions in the future.

Ask yourself, when you have been so charitable on other forums by explaining things to others, would you have done so if they had been pi55y in the past?

Maybe I'm being overly verbose. Blame Albannach for waking me up in via another thread.
        Last edited by biosurf; 27 December 2010, 11:54.

Comment

Best not hold my breath for a christmas card then either

Comment

Originally posted by nigel129 View Post
            Best not hold my breath for a christmas card then either
            Oh I don't know, you've got a whole year to stop being grumpy

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
              Oh I don't know, you've got a whole year to stop being grumpy

Comment

Originally posted by hellmett View Post
                Hi All,

The brake Warning Light on the dash keeps coming on.

I changed the pads and shoes earlier this year so I know they are ok.

Is the anything else that could be setting this off?

It goes out when I brake hard but comes back on again after I release the pedal!

Could it be a sticking sensor or summat?

Thanks,

Gary
                Hi Gary I have the same problem, I haven't addressed it yet. I just top up the brake fluid every couple of months and the problem is brushed under the carpet so to speak. It is next on my list to fix, so now might be a good time to start. Now when it comes to brakes I am also clueless and I have run searches but not found the information I need. Obviously the light is coming on due to low brake fluid level. When I had my AT tyres put on, AJS tyres told me I had a leak coming from the front drivers side calpier area, and on inspection this was quite obvious (So if you are losing fluid this might be a good place to start checking under the truck at each brake). My question now to the mechanics out there would be how do the brake lines attach at each end? Are they like the injector pipes which screw on and do they use a gasket, or is it more likley an internal seal in the caliper has gone?
                Last edited by mr.rosco; 27 December 2010, 14:03.

Comment

Diagram showing the assembled caliper, and the various parts here...
                  http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/brakes.htm

Comment

Originally posted by mr.rosco View Post
                    My question now to the mechanics out there would be how do the brake lines attach at each end? Are they like the injector pipes which screw on and do they use a gasket, or is it more likley an internal seal in the caliper has gone?
                    They are tapered threads, they don't normally leak unless seized up in the past and been undone with molegrips and crushed.

Most likely to be piston seals in calipers. A new caliper is by far the easiest fix, rather than stripping and rebuilding.
                    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                      They are tapered threads, they don't normally leak unless seized up in the past and been undone with molegrips and crushed.

Most likely to be piston seals in calipers. A new caliper is by far the easiest fix, rather than stripping and rebuilding.
                      In your opinion is it best to buy a new caliper or are scrap/ breaking ones normally ok, the difference between the two is roughly £100 I think. Cheers

Comment

Working...
                      X