Can panhard rod pull suspension down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can panhard rod pull suspension down?

Got 4" of suspension lift on the rear and have noticed now everything has settled down that the drivers side is lower than the passengers at the rear.
    I've put the surf on flat ground and measured each corner to adjust the torsion bars, but still, the rear is out. It its tracking slightly to drivers side, I assume this is the panhard rod pushing the rear over, but could it be also pulling the suspension over/down?
    I think this was coverd recently but can't find the thread....?
    Any help please?
    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
    www.johnthebuilder.info

have you got either an adjustable panhard rod fitted or a panhard drop bracket in order to keep the axel central
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
      have you got either an adjustable panhard rod fitted or a panhard drop bracket in order to keep the axel central
      Neither
      I didn't think I needed one with the small lift, but obviously I do! Does anyone do adjustables or brackets as I don't do welding....yet.
      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Is the drivers side upper arm resting on the fuel tank ? That would do it.

You can easily pop the panhard rod off at the axle end to see if it is causing problems. Getting it back on will be the fun bit (sash clamps or ratchet straps)

Comment

Hmmm Don't know will check in morning....
          I know how hard it is to get the Panhard rod back in so won't be dropping it if i can help it! It took a 2 post lift and a trolley jack to line it up last time!
          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Okay, upper control arm is miles away from the tank, so thats out.
            Truck bounces up as well as down, so its not the shocks on full extension.
            Panhard rod isn't exactly 45 degrees... more like 15-20 degrees, so surely that can't be affecting the suspension THAT MUCH can it?
            Before I started winding up the T Bars, I "think" the truck was pretty level. It may just be exagerated now, I don't know, but I have a feeling they have something to do with it.

My Analogy,
            Think of the rocking pub table with the dodgy leg. You can fix it by shoving a beer mat under one of 2 corners. Now, if one of the bars is a lot higher than the other, could it have the same effect and push the diagonally opp. down?

So in my case passenger front side too high, causing drivers rear too low??

Any more thoughts before I start winding in the morning?
            www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

tis easy, unbolt the panhard rod and then see how the truck sits.

4" isn't a small lift! lol. The rod pulls the axle to one side and is hard to get on with only +2" springs, 4" is loads.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

For all future readers of this thread...

Some good info here on Panhard Rods, drop brackets and suspension....

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/...anhardDropBrkt

and for shock lengths/product code by manufacturer for different lifts...
                http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/Docs/Shocks.txt
                Last edited by Wolfracer; 22 September 2010, 23:12.
                www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Comment

Wake up you cheeky feckers!

All I want (I think) is a Panhard Rod drop bracket! PURLEESE!!
                      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                        Wake up you cheeky feckers!

All I want (I think) is a Panhard Rod drop bracket! PURLEESE!!
                        And longer ARB end links or drop plates.

Someone on here used to make the kits, can't remember whom though. It'll be in the archives.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                          And longer ARB end links or drop plates.

Someone on here used to make the kits, can't remember whom though. It'll be in the archives.
                          Oh no, something else to read up about....

...give me a week and I'll be back. Again.

Cheers for the info.

Its a big learning curve lifting anything over the standard 2" isn't it?

Good fun learning though!
                          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I'm off to pull some teeth...
                              www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Working...
                              X