Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vibration

hi

just had my brakes done on my 1989 2,4 diesal and i am getting vibrations through the car ,ihave been told that its air in the brake line is this correct

Hi Shaun.was there any vibration at all before the brakes were done and was the fluid changed/topped up when the brakes were done.What exactly was done to the brakes was it just pads and shoes changed,new cylinders in the rear,Until we know exactly what was done to the brakes we cant give a proper answer.
    If just the front pads and rear shoes were done then i can't see that you would have air in the system.
    Who did the brakes you or a garage.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Hi n welcome is the vibration only when your Braking ?
      Does the vibration feel if it's on the front? rear? or in through the whole Vehicle ?

Jess
      "Cos short cuts can cost more in the long run"
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

vibration

Hi

The car was fine before the brakes were done ,(rear brakes ).I recently had a new clutch fitted so i hope its not that the mechanic who fitted the brakes has had it back and couldnt find the rattle but the guy who failed the warrent of fitness (mot)seemed to think there was air in the brake pipes

Comment

Exactly what work was done on the brakes?

Air won't cause vibration, next time you see the bloke that said it would, hit him a skelp.
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

hi
            i had the rear cylinders and brake shoes replaced ,the vibration seems to kick in when i hit 80ks and you can feel it through the car especially when you push down on the brake pedal

Comment

have you checked the uj's on the rear prop as it sounds like it could be one of them thats onits way out but i've never known that to happen when braking unless the front disc are warped aswell
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

its possibly got oval drums and the new shoes are amplifying it so its more noticable get the drums checked for ovality and see if they meet the specs given by toyota
                if they don't then replace them and all should be good again
                I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X