yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drilling roof for CB antenna -siting and coax route?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi these are the pic's of my mount.As you can see run a earth to the body and the coax under the bumper trim then through the grommet in the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
      Just a thought, am I right that the grounding will come from the pointed ends of the connector digging in slightly on the inside of the roof rather than the contact with the edge of the hole?

I was planning to hammerite the cut edges of the hole once drilled but if this is the ground obviously I can't

Also, the fitting has a large rubber washer that sits on the outside of the roof. I presume this should be sufficient to stop and water ingress or should I put any silicone down?

Cheers
      Yep, the spikes on the mount ensure you get a decent ground. I had what looks like the same mount, and the rubber cup it sits in was suffiecient to stop and water ingress.

My scanner antenna was at the back, the CB antenna at the front. I wanted some space between as I didn't want to overload the front end on the scanner.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Cheers Andy, What ant did you use for the scanner?

Comment

Just a 27MHz springer whip. Not ideal, but survivable offroad! Worked well enough for the VHF and UHF bands.
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Wez ssr-x View Post
            Hi these are the pic's of my mount.As you can see run a earth to the body and the coax under the bumper trim then through the grommet in the floor.

Wow, that is great! exactly what i have been looking for! is it ally, or bright steel or something? what thickness flat did you use?

got any more pics of how it looks from behind with the wheel carrier closed?

Sorry to hack this post by the way..
            when i run my coax from front to rear, i am going to pass it down into the drivers footwell, take off the door carpet sill covers and run it alongside the factory wiring loom under the carpet, then under the back seat and the rear side trim, and then do some jiggery pokery to get it out the back door.

Cheers,

Curly

Comment

Curly here's a pic of my one and my mates he has a Ham radio in his.

I had to fit an earth(yellow wire) and the coax goes under the rear bumper plastic then up through the floor grommet along the drivers side wireing loom to the dash.

Comment

Working...
              X