Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking Noise After Changing Tyres

Please help me I think I have been rip off by a garage,
    I have just change my new tyres and I have started hearing a robbing noise when am driving slowly and the sound is even worst when I break.. I think they have don't something about it.. I took it there the following day they told me iswheel aligment...they done that and I was charge for that and the problem is still there... The say I have to see a mechanic for that...I think this people haven't got a clue what they are doing.

Originally posted by basic_meo
    I have just change my new tyres and I have started hearing a robbing noise when am driving slowly .
    Are you in Liverpool!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pete
      Are you in Liverpool!!!
      you'll never guess who........ go here http://www.arborwood.com/awforums/sh...6&topid=2582#1 click on profile
      [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
      [size=5][/size]
      [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
        you'll never guess who........ go here http://www.arborwood.com/awforums/sh...6&topid=2582#1 click on profile
        Well spotted Ian. I thought it was another P*** take.
        Pete

Comment

I have just change my new tyres and I have started hearing a robbing noise when am driving slowly and the sound is even worst when I break.. I think they have don't something about it.. I took it there the following day they told me iswheel aligment...they done that and I was charge for that and the problem is still there... The say I have to see a mechanic for that...I think this people haven't got a clue what they are doing.

Try putting the front wheels on the back, it sounds like the garage have got them mixed up when they put them back on. Its a common problem unfortunately.

Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
            Try putting the front wheels on the back, it sounds like the garage have got them mixed up when they put them back on. Its a common problem unfortunately.

Just another thought. If the Garage have S**T for brains (a lot have), they might have loosened the Hub nut by mistake - obviously more used the working on Formula 1 cars - if they have done this then it would definately explain the noise. There is absolutely no way that tracking being out would cause that noise (unless it was way out that it was undrivable).

It really sounds like wheel bearings or something stuck behind a brake pad.

Cheers

Comment

Thanks you all for your responds...I think it make sence for checking the tyre they put at the back...
              cus I do tell them to change the new tyre in the front and move it to the back, cus the new ones are wider for turning in the conner

Comment

Thanks you all for your responds...I think it make sence for checking the tyre they put at the back...
                cus I do tell them to change the new tyre in the front and move it to the back, cus the new ones are wider for turning in the conner
                its all oso cleer now they wuld be cacthing on the body
                [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
                [size=5][/size]
                [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

If you have alloys with stick-on weights for balencing, check for any on the inside of the rim, there isn't a lot space between the caliper and the wheel and any weight stuck there will rub on the brake caliper.

Lets us know how swapping the wheels works out.

What size tyres have you had fitted if they are bigger than the originals?
                  4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I have change the tyre to the back..., the noise from the front when I break down have stop but I can still here the noise from the back wheel when 'am driving slowly...

The Name of the tyre is: FEDERAL 30*9,50R15MS351
                    It has a qiute rough surface...properbly is about 60 to 80 road and 20 to 40 offroad...

Comment

Working...
                    X