yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Shocks & brake lines needed for 4" lift?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Shocks & brake lines needed for 4" lift?

I've "technically" got a 4" lift on the back of my surf, with RT+2" springs and 2" coil spacers.
    The standard shocks, are at near full extension, with wheel hub to arch distance of 24".
    The rear brake line has a couple of inches of play left, I reckon, but when I fit new shocks, articulation (which is currently being prohibited) could cause a problem and rip the brake line off.
    My Q's is to those with 2-4" lifts.
    Are +2" Shocks enough, or should I look at +4"? Will +4" contract enough or will the extra length cause issues on the other side of articulation?
    How much more brake line do I need? I see RT do a kit that is 1" longer - is this enough?
    Thanks in Advance.
    John
    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
    www.johnthebuilder.info

get +4" shocks for the 4" lift you got.Put lk003 into the search box on roughtrax site and you should get the extended braided brake lines come up.These will be what you need also
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
      get +4" shocks for the 4" lift you got.Put lk003 into the search box on roughtrax site and you should get the extended braided brake lines come up.These will be what you need also
      Cheers for the info, the code is for pick up brake lines not surfs, but the surf equivalent is only 1" longer. Do the pick up ones fit ok?

Next dumb ass question.......
      I can't find any +4" springs on RT or Milner, anyone care to shed light on where they are a/v from please?
      and before you say it, google is NOT my friend....
      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/index.php?doc=16&vid=180
        these are the ones for the surf but also fit the hilux aswell

There are a few places that do them but i can't think at the mo who they are.You could try lasupertrux also for the shocks
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Sorry to bump my thread but...

...really need to sort out these rear shocks. Drove over a brick speed bump today - the "long in length" ones found in car parks/pedestrial crossing type environments. The compression stroke was fine, then got an almighty bang (doesn't help all the stuff in the boot jumps up an inch or two when I bounce!) that can only be the shocks topping out and causing the rear wheels to leave the road.... okay in car parks, but not so good if I hit a pot hole on the motorway....
          Any one got plus 4"'s shocks?and where from? Cant see them on LA Supertrux site,RT or Milners....

Reconsidering my options and wondering if a fabricated crossmember set 4" lower would work the same?? surely all I'd need for that is some hefty angle iron, a mate who can weld it on and a couple of holes drilled?

Your thoughts would be appreciated please!
          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

I bought my +4's from Summit Racing in the States.

It would be a lot easier to put new shocks on than weld in new suspension mounts, and what happens if you want to return the truck to standard ?

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
              I bought my +4's from Summit Racing in the States.

It would be a lot easier to put new shocks on than weld in new suspension mounts, and what happens if you want to return the truck to standard ?

Rob

Rob, what shocks did you get? From a quick measure, my standard shocks are about 21" top to bottom - thats virtually full extension, and there's 8" between top of tyre and wheel arch, so without lifting truck to see what drop there is, I assume I'm looking for shocks between 15-16" compressed and 25"-26" extended. Does this sound about right? Summit do Tuf country, Rancho's and Pro comps in these sizes.
              www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

These are procomp +4's that I bought.

Cheers,
                Rob.

Comment

Working...
                X