suspension upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suspension upgrade

I am expecting delivery of gas shocks and uprated rear springs shortly, is it a basic DIY replacement or do i need to watch out for anything in particular, any special tools req'd,
    My car does not have adjustable suspension as it is a 4 runner, and i have done a shocks and leaf spring change on my old hilux pickup before, any advice much appreciated.

just the usual A CRATE OF BEER as its thirsty work LOL. they are easy to do like any other vehicle really
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
      just the usual A CRATE OF BEER as its thirsty work LOL. they are easy to do like any other vehicle really
      Excellent I do not claim to be any kind of mechanical technician but I am very familiar with crates of beer,
      cheers mate!!.

Comment

You will need jacks, axle stands, spring compressors & usual sockets etc. watch you dont pull on your brake pipes.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
          You will need jacks, axle stands, spring compressors & usual sockets etc. watch you dont pull on your brake pipes.
          And a handy tip:-
          Cut lengths of 2" square timber at around 6", 8" & 10" to be able to use the jack in places where it isnt phsycaly able reach under its own travel.
          Warning. If useing blocks the vehicle MUST be chocked to prevent movement.

Fish
          If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

Working...
          X