Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help changing speedo clock to uk

hi guys
    can anyone advise me how i change the speedo clock from km/h to uk mph face ... thanx

Originally posted by gazza_41
    hi guys
    can anyone advise me how i change the speedo clock from km/h to uk mph face ... thanx
    Get a new face from Milners, then remove the cluster (you will need to remove the lower drivers side of the dashboard (5 screws and a bolt) and then the top half of the dash (the flat black bit which the cluster is behind) which is secured by 4 screws I think - one is behind the heater controls - you need to pull off the plastic bits on the end of the controls then use a small screwdriver to lever out the facia bot. The cluster is secured by 4 screws and you can then pull it forward enough to unclip the cables.

Once you have the cluster out you need to separate it - I think I remember it is just clipped together but maybe a couple of screws.

Once it is separated, look at the front of the speedo. You need to gently pull off the speedo needle and undo the two screws that hold on the face. Remove the speedo face and replace it with the new one.

Refit everything and hopefully you won't have anything left over. A magnetic screwdriver is useful to refit the cluster mounting screws.

Make sure you get the correct speedo facia. If yours is a late 92 onwards it will have the electronic speedo which has a small peg on the facia that acts as a stop for the needle.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
      Get a new face from Milners, then remove the cluster (you will need to remove the lower drivers side of the dashboard (5 screws and a bolt) and then the top half of the dash (the flat black bit which the cluster is behind) which is secured by 4 screws I think - one is behind the heater controls - you need to pull off the plastic bits on the end of the controls then use a small screwdriver to lever out the facia bot. The cluster is secured by 4 screws and you can then pull it forward enough to unclip the cables.

Once you have the cluster out you need to separate it - I think I remember it is just clipped together but maybe a couple of screws.

Once it is separated, look at the front of the speedo. You need to gently pull off the speedo needle and undo the two screws that hold on the face. Remove the speedo face and replace it with the new one.

Refit everything and hopefully you won't have anything left over. A magnetic screwdriver is useful to refit the cluster mounting screws.

Make sure you get the correct speedo facia. If yours is a late 92 onwards it will have the electronic speedo which has a small peg on the facia that acts as a stop for the needle.

Cheers
      cheers for that .. face has arrived from milners ..along with 2 rear gas shocks which i have to figure out how to fit

Comment

Originally posted by gazza_41
        cheers for that .. face has arrived from milners ..along with 2 rear gas shocks which i have to figure out how to fit
        Hello there

Did as you suggested to the "gently pull the speedo needle off" No way was it going to have it, (electronic by the way) so I cut the centre of the face and slid it over the speedo needle. Watch this space!!!

Comment

I use an old fork from the kitchen, easy once you've done one.

Comment

Originally posted by andy
            I use an old fork from the kitchen, easy once you've done one.
            i couldnt get the needle off mine so i just cut a bit out of the dial so i could slide it over the needle then screw it into place.it dont look too bad you can just see where it was cut under the needle
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
            X