Service parts for 2.4 2LT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service parts for 2.4 2LT

I have searched the forum for any info on service parts - filters brake pads etc... but all i could find was reference to mail order.

I wanted to source these parts at the local motor shop rather than through the post so i went to my local car care shop and asked could he get the bits.
    He looked at the Surf and said "yep no prob.. i may have the oil filter in stock for that!"

He checked his book and said the Landcruiser 2.4TD was the same.
    So i did some checking.

Sure enough the Landcruiser from 1990 had the same engine 2.4TD 2LT
    So it uses the same oil and fuel filters and most probably everything else as well.

The Landcruiser 4.2 TD uses the same brake pads too.
    Is anyone else aware of this?

I double checked at milners and japanese4x4spares and they list the same part numbers for the Surf and landcruiser 2.4TD so it must be correct.

I am going to check the local prices tomorrow to see how they compare to mail order.
    Ian
    One day my paranoia will go away!

I would be amazed if you beat milners for price on filters, i ordered all three, air, fuel, and oil, for twelve pounds and fifty pence, when they arrived the morning after, my son who is a qualified fitter could not get over the quality, he say's they are pukka boshi filters ( the real stuff ) the kind that he found hard to get in the trade some years back, had i known this prior to ordering, i would have ordered three sets, then my next two services would have been sorted
    BIG D
    ITS NICE TO BE IMPORTANT, BUT ITS MORE IMPORTANT TO BE NICE,

Comment

Hmm. I should have asked if the mail order ones were oem parts.
      Am i right that the price for the kit is £12.50 +vat +£7 p+p ?
      Ian
      One day my paranoia will go away!

Comment

yes ,thats why i was thinking of ordering three, but i did get all my belts as well so the p&p is not as bad as it looks, and as a bonus my son has bought the same model surf as me, so now we can order in bulk,
        BIG D
        ITS NICE TO BE IMPORTANT, BUT ITS MORE IMPORTANT TO BE NICE,

Comment

Originally posted by icsys
          Hmm. I should have asked if the mail order ones were oem parts.
          Am i right that the price for the kit is £12.50 +vat +£7 p+p ?
          They are OEM parts, not Toyota originals, but they are just as good.

Plus Milners deliver next day.

Cheers

Comment

Probably best to go to Milners. I've had quite a few service items off them now and never experienced any problems. Stuff arrives next day- and best all they know what they are talking about when it comes to Surfs! You can't say that about ANY high street motor factor shop!!

Next day carriage is about £6 so dillute the cost by ordering a years worth (four!!) oil filters or something.

Mention the forum and you'll get a 10% discount (well actually you won't - but I think it would be worth putting the feelers out administrators?)!!

Comment

Originally posted by icsys
              I have searched the forum for any info on service parts - filters brake pads etc... but all i could find was reference to mail order.

I wanted to source these parts at the local motor shop rather than through the post so i went to my local car care shop and asked could he get the bits.
              He looked at the Surf and said "yep no prob.. i may have the oil filter in stock for that!"

He checked his book and said the Landcruiser 2.4TD was the same.
              So i did some checking.

Sure enough the Landcruiser from 1990 had the same engine 2.4TD 2LT
              So it uses the same oil and fuel filters and most probably everything else as well.

The Landcruiser 4.2 TD uses the same brake pads too.
              Is anyone else aware of this?

I double checked at milners and japanese4x4spares and they list the same part numbers for the Surf and landcruiser 2.4TD so it must be correct.

I am going to check the local prices tomorrow to see how they compare to mail order.

the 3.0 (kzn 185) is the same as the landcruiser colorado i believe also?!
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I got that kit from Milners. The fuel and oil filters were top notch but the air filter was the shape and size. Mine in circular and they send a kind of oblong one. Maybe if you call them, you can specify which one is right for you!
                Derek :
                1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
                [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
                  the 3.0 (kzn 185) is the same as the landcruiser colorado i believe also?!
                  Yup, same 1KZ-TE engine. Oil filter is the same I think but not sure about air filter and belts - have never serviced mine yet! Ooops, haven't actually done anything in the 3 months since i got it, apart from keeping a close eye on the power steering, oil, brake fluid and coolant levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                    Yup, same 1KZ-TE engine. Oil filter is the same I think but not sure about air filter and belts - have never serviced mine yet! Ooops, haven't actually done anything in the 3 months since i got it, apart from keeping a close eye on the power steering, oil, brake fluid and coolant levels.
                    I've used colorado parts on mine too with no problem, ie all 3 filters - perfect match
                    Maurice
                    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

these links may help a little , although ignore the pricings as these are in Ozzie dollars , this is the link for a common parts list for the KZN185 motors http://pub12.ezboard.com/ftoyotasurf...picID=26.topic
                      and here for the 2LTE motors http://pub12.ezboard.com/ftoyotasurf...opicID=2.topic
                      bar the prices i would guess that the numbers are identical .
                      these were all taken from www.toyotasurf.asn.au .
                      oh yeah great forum guys enjopying it immensly

Comment

Working...
                      X