1996 KZN185 Autobox no Drive Pt 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 KZN185 Autobox no Drive Pt 2

Got my truck back I now have two problems vibration on acceleration from standstill which goes on the over run. The second when you put the gear lever in park the key does not rotate in the switch to the point where it can be removed the lever also does not lock in the park position.

Any ideas I am going back to the garage tomorrow, I am thinking prop shaft out of balance on the firsts haven’t a clue on the second.

I would hazard a guess that either the selector lever linkage needs adjusting, i.e. while the gearbox is in park, the selector is not fully there.
    Take the middle bit of the centre console out and have a look to see if the selector is going fully home

Regards
    TFB

Comment

Thanks
      I have now discovered that if you disconnect the battery the key will come out of the lock any ideas because I am stumped.

Comment

Originally posted by div3r View Post
        Thanks
        I have now discovered that if you disconnect the battery the key will come out of the lock any ideas because I am stumped.
        The shift lock plug isn't plugged in most likely. It's at the base of the shift lever under the consol.
        Can you hear a click when you press the footbrake with ignition on?

Comment

The shift mechanism is not adjusted correctly. Take it back.
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            The shift lock plug isn't plugged in most likely. It's at the base of the shift lever under the consol.
            Can you hear a click when you press the footbrake with ignition on?
            OP says the box doesn't 'lock' in park, that suggests adjustment?

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
              OP says the box doesn't 'lock' in park, that suggests adjustment?
              Yeah, but there's also a shift lock circuit to release the key from the ignition. It's independant of the shift mechanism.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                Yeah, but there's also a shift lock circuit to release the key from the ignition. It's independant of the shift mechanism.
                My thinking is that the actual shift lever isn't going forward far enough to activate the key lock thing.

Comment

Just been to check and you can hear the click when you press the brake pedal
                  Is that good ?

Comment

Originally posted by div3r View Post
                    Just been to check and you can hear the click when you press the brake pedal
                    Is that good ?

Yep.

It's just a linkage adjustment problem then.

Have you tried pushing the lever forwards when in P to see if the ignition releases the key?

Comment

Yes including yanking the lever back and forward

Comment

Working...
                      X