Alternator!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternator!!

Hi a new Surfer here, so please bear with with.
    I am doing some general + essential maintenance, This is what I have done so far.. Drive shafts removed on both sides and replaced the inner+ outer CV boots as they were worn. All done and good.
    Replaced timing belt, bearing and pre tensioner-all good. I have removed the power steering belt and ready to replace tomorrow, now this is where I am becoming a bit stuck on releasing the tension to the alternator.
    I have undone the 10mm long bolt also the 12mm bolt that clamps the alternator to the sliding tensioner bracket!. But is there any other bolts holding it in place as I have looked and looked for them but to no avail can I see any. I only need to slacken the alternator by another 20mm or so to remove/replace the 2x belts.
    Also is it ok to link the inlet with a bit of 5/16 rubber hose to the outlet for the rear heater in the engine bay, as the metal pipes running underneath are all rusty and full of holes.
    Sorry for the long winded questions but this is my first time working on a vehicle and I am taking my time.
    Cheers
    Mark
    Smile cause one day someone may smile back!
Working...
X