Help!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!!!!!!

Help i'm new to this 4x4 thing i'm trying to find the thermostat on my hilux surf 3.0td 1994 as i am trying to watch the pennies it's time to get my hands dirty and after looking under the bonnet where the heck do i start...please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by muzz View Post
    Help i'm new to this 4x4 thing i'm trying to find the thermostat on my hilux surf 3.0td 1994 as i am trying to watch the pennies it's time to get my hands dirty and after looking under the bonnet where the heck do i start...please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hi changed my rad and thermostat last weekend it is connected to the bottom hose of the rad if you follow the hose up there is one bolt think its 12 mm, and 2 , 10 mm bolts i used a gen toyota themostat. if your just changing the thermostat you will lose some coolant out of the head. are you planning a complete coolant change ? there is an extra bleed tap under the fuel filter as well as the one under te rad and of course whaen you replace the stat

Comment

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/at...2&d=1264359951 courtesy of 'wishbone'
      The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Originally posted by ziggy View Post
        Hi changed my rad and thermostat last weekend it is connected to the bottom hose of the rad if you follow the hose up there is one bolt think its 12 mm, and 2 , 10 mm bolts i used a gen toyota themostat. if your just changing the thermostat you will lose some coolant out of the head. are you planning a complete coolant change ? there is an extra bleed tap under the fuel filter as well as the one under te rad and of course whaen you replace the stat
        Cheers Ziggy, found it but i fear the worst either head gasket gone or head cracked took it to the garage and they did the test on the rad with that blue liquid and bung and it turned yellow quite quick so exhaust gases coming through not a good sign i'm led to believe just got to find the pennies to fix it now.....ouch!!!!!! thanks for your help...

Comment

Originally posted by muzz View Post
          Cheers Ziggy, found it but i fear the worst either head gasket gone or head cracked took it to the garage and they did the test on the rad with that blue liquid and bung and it turned yellow quite quick so exhaust gases coming through not a good sign i'm led to believe just got to find the pennies to fix it now.....ouch!!!!!! thanks for your help...
          as you are local to me, you mite be interested in my breaker, with a new head
          Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Working...
          X