Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.0L Thermostat

Toyota missed an opportunity here.

With a bit of fancy engineering and some lateral thinking, I reckon they could have made changing the thermostat just a wee bit more awkward.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Which is just what I thought when I thought about doing a full rad flush with a hose on Sunday.

Do you need to pull the stat to do it or is there another easier way with a 3litre? Most of the guides I read on here discuss removing the stat and sticking a hose in.

Comment

To get a decent flow to flush properly, I think it needs to be pulled.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Damn it, thought you might say that. Thank you.

Comment

i was looking at mine, even with the head off, aircon off and alternator off, the bottom of the pipe is still attached by bolts that i cannt see as they are still buried under a load of mud they couldn't possibly make it any harder if they tried.
          Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Think Vauxhall trumps Toyota on the 1.2 corsa - Cambelt off to access.

Comment

It's a toss-up between the starter motor, thermostat and EGR pipework, anything else I've found easy/normal/usual garbage, mind I haven't had the good fortune of the bottom end yet, I'll scrap it if there's another big problem though, too old for all this $hit I want to drive not fiddle with poxy jap engineering. H

Comment

Changed my stat a few weeks ago. Taking the old one out was a lot easier than it looked. Putting everything back together again was a different matter and turned out to be a bit of a pain as the stat kept dropping out of the recessed hole in the block. Trying to keep the stat in situ whilst replacing the housing and inserting the two bolts - all with one hand - was a work of art. I'm sure things would have been a lot easier if the size of my hands had been more like the Japanese variety.

Alan
                If at first you don't succeed,
                Destroy all evidence that you even tried.

Comment

Everything thats a pain in the butt on a 2.4 is easy on a 3.0, inc the starter!

If a stat thats tricky to reach is the trade off, I'm more than happy.

(do it from underneath, tisn't so bad.)
                  4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                  X