Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kzn 185 rear shock removal

Hi Guys,

Hope someone can help me?? i am trying to replace the shocks and springs on my kzn 185. Have used the search function but no joy. How do you get the rear shocks off without angle grinding the bl**dy thing off??????

On one post i found someone said there was 2 10mm bolts, but i have felt and used a mirror and cannot see/feel anything! "maybe that referred to a kzn 130" The actuator is square with a wire bracket on top, and the only thing i can see, is 2 silver domed?? studs but not sticking out enough to grip/turn or anything??? Have released the bottom bolt " that was easy" its just the top

can anyone help save my sanity?? Thanks Tim.j
    Have a break Have a kwick krap

the top cover IS held on with 2 10mm bolts, unless someone in the past has messed with it and done something mysterious.

Once you've got this cover off, the the nut that holds the shock on can be got to.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

cheers TonyN sorted it now!

There was definately no 10mm nuts!! the silver metal " dish thing" that the actuator sits in/on just had 2 lugs sticking up that pressed through the body of the actuator if that makes any sense?? Like the ones on the front, but the rears were really hard to budge. Will take some pics of the bits i broke off!!!! but they definately werent threaded and hadn't been messed with. They were original. Don't need them with these shocks so just prised them off.

Thanks again Tim.j
      Have a break Have a kwick krap

Comment

I changed mine last week the top was just held on by one nylock nut just put a spanner on it from underneath cracked the nut off and then spun the shroud round to spin it off took about 20 mins to do both.
        ionic SURFactant

Comment

Originally posted by steved View Post
          I changed mine last week the top was just held on by one nylock nut just put a spanner on it from underneath cracked the nut off and then spun the shroud round to spin it off took about 20 mins to do both.
          If you have adjustable shocks its different, the top of the shock has a servo motor that spins a shaft down the center of the shock.

This is held on with 2 bolts ( normally!! ) once you've undone these and removed the adjuster, then the main nut is underneath.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
          X