X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renewing CV and Wheel Bearing Grease

Hi All,

Is their a good way to do this?

I'm up to my eyeballs in old yukky smelly grease and want to clean the parts completely before using shiney new grease.

Is it a Washing Up Liquid and hot water job or is there an easier way!

Cheers,

Gary

personley i would just use lots of rag

Comment

Originally posted by hellmett View Post
      Hi All,

Is their a good way to do this?

I'm up to my eyeballs in old yukky smelly grease and want to clean the parts completely before using shiney new grease.

Is it a Washing Up Liquid and hot water job or is there an easier way!

Cheers,

Gary
      IMHO I can't see why you would want to replace the cv grease unless it has been coming out throgh a split cv boot. If you loosen off the cv boots and pull them back to do this you may cause them to split, so unless you have a particular problem, I would do this when you replace the boots,

Cheers, Nick
      "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Re

I am replacing the boots Nick.

The grease in the middle knuckle is screwed, looks like water has got in.

If you know a good way of greasing when replacing the boot please tell me cos I ain't got a clue where to put the grease to do it properly!

Gary

Comment

I am assuming that you have removed the joint from the diff end by undoing the six nuts. Just slide the boot back and the joint will pull apart and then you can scoop out all of the old grease and give the remainder a wipe over with a rag. To get the boot off you need to remove the circlip and slide off the roller bearing carrier, then the old boot will slide off. Slide the new boot back on, and put the bearing carrier and circlip back on. Make sure you clean everything properly, put plently of grease in where the three bearings slide in - don't over fill - and reassemble. If you have taken the whole shaft out of the hub then I would do both boots,

Cheers, Nick
          "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Working...
          X