Hi there guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi there guys!!

Hi everyone! I am new to this forum & have just bought a'93 Hilux Surf 2.4 ... I was looking around for a decent sized truck for me & my family & had been looking at the usual Shoguns & Troopers until I saw a few pix of an off- road Hilux & what a cool truck!! & now I've got one! Lol!!... & am dead chuffed with it!! Just a couple of questions folks....1) The speedo on the truck isn't working properly... All the lights work & the revs counter works fine etc, just that the actual speedo & mile counters do not work at all??? I've heard this is quite common in Surfs!! Does anyone have any other experiences with this?? I'm thinking maybe it's a cable from the transmission come out/ broken which registers the speed or mileage cosi remember when people used 2 take these out on purpose so as not 2 clock up miles on cars!! ;-). Does anyonehave any ideas & what the easiest way 2 fix would be?... 2). I've seen a lot of pictures of Surfs that have been raised by 2" or so & have read about using suspension springs/ shocks for a 'suspension lift' or using blocks for a 'body lift'.... What is the difference between each of these effects & easier to do??... My truck sits quite high & looks the biz at the minute so I don't want 2 mess with it 2 much but might consider raising a couple of inches! :-). Thanks for ur help guys!!
Working...
X