No announcement yet.

Rough Country 5" Suspension Lift for 2nd Gen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I spoke to Rocky Mountain Susp. yesterday and their shipping prices are huge, plus they only accept int'l payments via bank wire..

Summit Racing were far more helpful and their shipping price for 4 shocks was a third of Rocky Mountains. They stock lift kits and were happy to take credit card payment from me. Sadly they don't stock the Roughcountry brand, but do list Superlift , Trailmaster and Procomp.

Rob.

Comment

Do what I did, went on holiday to america only let the Mrs take 15kg and I went out with about 10 and 3 empty bags brought back about 50kg of parts and shipped the rest over (springs and shocks) for about 60 quid.

Cost:
      flights 325 each = 650
      p&p = 60
      lift kit $1400 = 700 (bring back the good old days of $2 to £1)
      Total £1410

So not much more expensive than la supertrux but that was a fair few years ago.

But the great thing with america is that you can take 40 kg luggage so you can get most of the kit in that if there is 2 of you. Some airlines let you take your gold clubs on top of that, if you could do that then you could fit the springs and shocks in there (not sure if thats legal but I know people who have done stuff similar to that but that was before airtravel security)

Comment

Good excuse for a holiday!
        Another thing is if anyone knows any US service personnel (usually located down Brize Norton area), and you can badger them into using the AFPO (same idea as our BFPO) they can ship stuff from the states at their local rate....or the car port at the bases such as Lakenheath can order the stuff in (and its tax free). did this a few times before and it works alright (takes about a week if i remember right).

Rob
        The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Working...
        X