Toggle switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toggle switch?

He guys, just a quick question that i haven't found the answer to yet. On my car theres a toggle switch below the ignition. Does anyone have a clue what this is for? I'd play with it but im scared it'll do something bad and it won't start again. The surf is a 1995 (2nd gen i believe) 3.0 TD. Thanks for looking and im looking forward to getting an answer.
    Black 1995 3.0TD SSX-R Hilux Surf

probably rear fog light or front fog lights
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Its neither of those. My surf doesn't have any spots fitted to it and the rear fog lamp switch is to the right of the idle up switch. Ive no idea what it does

Comment

If it has a tow bar with electrics fitted it could be a switch for that, mines been installed this way.

Or...

It could be the long lost switch to summon godzilla!

Comment

It could have been for a number of things as stormforce said "fog lights" that have been removed or a make shift immobilizer switch thats been disconnected.

May be an ejector seat, who knows.

Just have a play with it, it won't bite you.
          If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

I'm now hoping its that Godzilla switch! But to be honest I think it could be to do with the towbar electrics. I'll give it a go when I'm near my dads caravan and see what happens. I'm hoping Godzilla sits on the caravan.

Comment

Where in the Western Isles are you?
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I live on the Isle of Lewis

Comment

There are a load of us coming up that way in June. I'll be on your case for advice on places to stay. See HERE
                  Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Hiluxsmurf View Post
                    He guys, just a quick question that i haven't found the answer to yet. On my car theres a toggle switch below the ignition. Does anyone have a clue what this is for? I'd play with it but im scared it'll do something bad and it won't start again. The surf is a 1995 (2nd gen i believe) 3.0 TD. Thanks for looking and im looking forward to getting an answer.
                    Cloaking device or it could be for the glowplug in the flux capacitor.

Comment

That looks like a great idea. Just to warn you though, fuel is very expensive up here. The best places to stay would probably be camping to be honest. There's loads of great beaches up here. When I get the chance over the next few weeks I'll try and post some pitures.

Comment

Working...
                      X