Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Tailgate Mechanism PLEASE HELP

Hi,

I have been having a problem with my rear window on my LN130 Surf.

It operates fine but stops about an inch from the top.

I have read all the posts regarding rear window problems and have check the metal runners and plastic wheels, they seem fine.

The teeth on the mechanism also look ok, everything is well greased and the motor is tight ( I have previously had problems with the motor working loose).

I cant see an obvious problem and think I am probably going to need a new mechanism, does anyone have any other suggestions ( could it be worth removing the motor for a closed look) or a mechanism for sale.

I would message stormforce (but am not allowed to as a new user) as I have seen he has offered them on the forum before.

I also need a lense for the passenger side bumper indicator lamp if anyone can help.

Many thanks in advance.

Originally posted by azc1 View Post
    Hi,

I have been having a problem with my rear window on my LN130 Surf.

It operates fine but stops about an inch from the top.

I have read all the posts regarding rear window problems and have check the metal runners and plastic wheels, they seem fine.

The teeth on the mechanism also look ok, everything is well greased and the motor is tight ( I have previously had problems with the motor working loose).

I cant see an obvious problem and think I am probably going to need a new mechanism, does anyone have any other suggestions ( could it be worth removing the motor for a closed look) or a mechanism for sale.

I would message stormforce (but am not allowed to as a new user) as I have seen he has offered them on the forum before.

I also need a lense for the passenger side bumper indicator lamp if anyone can help.

Many thanks in advance.
    Hiya mate.I will have a look to see what i got here but i would strip the mechanism and motor out and thoroughly check it over and grease it all.Get some silicon grease for the side guides for the window.Give them a good clean out and use the silicon grease to lubricate them and see how that goes.
    If you need the mech and motor then if i haven't got them then supersurf or lordlucan will have them for sure.
    You won't be able to pm until you pay for membership.
    Where abouts in Cornwall are you by the way
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Hi, I'm in Bude, North Cornwall. I'll strip everything down and see how I get on, just waiting for a break in the rain, i'll let you know how I get on. Thanks for the help Adam

Comment

Mechanism Needed

I've just been out and had a better look in the day light and there a about 4 teeth missing from the mechanism so I need a new one, Please could anyone who has one contact me asap, via reply, email adam@cafebellinis.co.uk or on 07854 962363.

Many thanks Adam

Comment

Just pop down your local dentist. He should be able to provide you with some dentures.

Sorry i couldnt resist
          Windows 7 was my idea!

Comment

Working...
          X