Steering play.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering play.

Hi guys. Not sure if the steering on my surf has got too much play in it? I think the most amount of play your allowed is 30mm but my surf has been lifted and has 33" tyres on it so im not sure if that would be cause for excessive play??
    Is there a way or "tightening" the steering?
    Windows 7 was my idea!

You're not allowed any play in the steering.

When are you going to show us your truck? We all like to see lifted trucks, every one is a wee bit different to the others.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Last I heard ya were alowed an 1" (25.4mm) of play without power steering running .....
      As a Rough Guide Check... hold a finger as a marker against a steering wheel spoke try taking up the play by turning the steering wheel one way n then the other... Now check with engine started (power steering in operation) there should be less play !!

"Cos shorts cut never work in the long Term"
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Check for play in the steering idler, worn bushes cause play, easy fix.
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

write up here
          Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Jess, I assumed the OP meant play at the wheels as opposed to a bit of play at the steering wheel.

The one inch thing isn't really a 'rule' as different steering wheel sizes would give different results.
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
              write up here
              Oh nice one mate. Ill order those bits up soon and see if it sorts it out.
              Albanach, i meant play at the steering wheel end mate. Very wobbly. Also my MOT mate said 30mm was the limit on play apparently??
              As for my surf, sure i can take some pics i guess. Its not the finest example on the outside. Previous owner must have taken it off roading a lot. Paint is faded on parts and rusty bumpers ect. When i next wash her ill take a pic or 2.
              Saying that, it would be a good idea for some pics now and after i respray her and mod her etc. Cant wait to respray her.
              I was thinking a nice bright blue with the alloys painted candy red. What you reckon?
              Windows 7 was my idea!

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                write up here
                i know, old post
                just wondering if any got that write up due it says its not found
                the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Try http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthrea...steering+idler - the forum urls changed a while back, I think.

Dan
                  https://galooph.com

Comment

thank you
                    the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Working...
                    X