Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake pipe

Hi, I've got a 3l KZN185 SSR-X 1997.

Earlier today I was dismantling the front brakes to fit new calipers, discs & pads & the caliper slipped out of my hand, twisted & ruptured the front brake pipe.
    It's the drivers side solid one from the caliper to the mounting, not the flexi hose.

Someone earlier suggested I rescued the ends, got some copper brake pipe & made up a new pipe.

Is this easy to do? What size pipe should I order? Will I need a flaring tool?
    As you can tell, I've never done this before.

Alternatively, is there anywhere I can order a replacement online or local to Swindon, Wiltshire? My problem is I have no transport to get to a car shop to get any parts I might need.

Any help appreciated,

Cheers,

Steve

Another thought ...

Could I replace this with a bit of flexible hose?

Comment

Call Westover Toyota in Salisbury and speak to Ryan on 01722 430660.

Thay are very helpfull and will get you a new one in a day or 2 and I expect they will post it to you. Cheaper than buying the tool to remake your one.

John

Comment

I'd think that's good advice. I've only fabricated flexi brake hoses in the past, over 5 years ago, and don't know any more than you about how to go about solid ones. I wouldn't want to try something like that without being shown exactly how to do it by someone who knows what they're on about. Too much risk.

Buying a new one gets you where you want to be, quickly and easily.
        Andy
        http://www.surfingafrica.net

Comment

Thanks guys

Good advice, I wouldn't feel happy doing it myself. I will give them a call tomorrow & see what happens.

Thanks,

Steve

Comment

any Toyota dealer will get you the part, you need your Chassis number and Model number of the data plate.

Hard lines are easy with a flaring tool, but if you havn't got one, probabyl easier and cheaper to just go to Toyota
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys.

Swindon Fish brothers Toyota main dealer will get the pipe for me by Saturday morning at the latest. Total cost is £8.23 including VAT.
              So, main dealers are not always a bad thing!

Cheers,

Steve

Comment

Working...
              X