Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2gen center diff mod?

Hi All

Anybody know if it is possable to fit a centre diff to a 2nd surf so i can run 4wd on dry roads and dont have to worry drive train wind up . i know i can't fit the transfer box from the 3gen but is there any other hilux/surf ect parts that can be retro fitted ?

D

...sorry mate..can't help......however.. back in october you mentioned you had access to a 3rd gen transfer box......is this still available?

ta

Comment

Originally posted by skinflint View Post
      Hi All

Anybody know if it is possable to fit a centre diff to a 2nd surf so i can run 4wd on dry roads and dont have to worry drive train wind up . i know i can't fit the transfer box from the 3gen but is there any other hilux/surf ect parts that can be retro fitted ?

D
      I asked this yesterday. The mod can't be done with a 3rd gen transfer box as the output to the front diff is on the wrong side.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

3rd gen transfer box

Sorry Ava_Banana but i have all ready sold it! thats how i know the 3rd gen wont fit ! .

Comment

After looking round the web i can't find nobody who has tryed or looked in to this ( they just want to fit v8's) so i am going to do some research in to a mk2 hilux t/box as they are perment 4wd and i belive the driveshaft output is on the same side and some toyota hilux & surf parts must be interchangable!

if it will fit the mod would probley be
          hilux transfer box
          lock the surf's a.d.d system to on
          fit a set of manual fwh
          and poss the hilux propshaft's

this mod is very simular to a mod you can do to early 88inch landrovers !

Comment

huh? MK2 Pickup? UK Hilux T/case is a just non electric shift version of a surf box...??
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

[QUOTE=skinflint;609998]After looking round the web i can't find nobody who has tryed or looked in to this ( they just want to fit v8's)......................... ........QUOTE]

Yeah you're right, I wasn't happy with my transfer box so I fitted a V8!!??

Comment

huh? MK2 Pickup?

Hi TonyN

I might be confusing you !!

Now from what people have told me (and not pulling my chain) a 91-97 hilux pickup 4wd will work on dry roads ect with no prob's so i assume the transfer box has a centre diff? if this is the case i assume i could retro fit this type of transfer box in to a 2nd gen surf and the result would be i can run 4wd on dry road's no prob?

Comment

Sorry Ava_Banana but i have all ready sold it! thats how i know the 3rd gen wont fit ! .
                  OK mate, no worries

Comment

Hi TonyN

I might be confusing you !!

Now from what people have told me (and not pulling my chain) a 91-97 hilux pickup 4wd will work on dry roads ect with no prob's so i assume the transfer box has a centre diff? if this is the case i assume i could retro fit this type of transfer box in to a 2nd gen surf and the result would be i can run 4wd on dry road's no prob?
                    lol, or yourself.......Pickups are Part Time 4wd, just like your Surf.

Comment

Well That awsner's That!
                      I new i should not of talked to my local landrover guru!!

Comment

Well That awsner's That!
                        I new i should not of talked to my local landrover guru!!

lol.

Buy a 3rd Gen, if far cheaper and less hassle.

Comment

Working...
                        X