yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Toyota ever put 4.1 gears in a 2.4 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Toyota ever put 4.1 gears in a 2.4 ?

As above, thinking of swapping the 4.8's in my 2.4 with the 4.1's in the 3.0. (So I can put 33's on the 3.0)

Don't want to make the 2.4 perform terrible as I want to sell it on. If it was a factory option then all is good.

Cheers,

Rob.

as long as both diffs match it should be ok.i am going to swap the complete front diff and rear axel from a 2.4 to my 3.0l for when i fit the 39's.I don't notice any difference at the moment with the standard 3.0l diffs with 33's
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Thanks Rich,

Wow - 39's

Reason I'd re-gear is mainly Apache's experiences when he went on the Pyrenees trek - He reported some trouble with hills, which I feel could be eased by re-gearing. I'm also doing a 2" bodylift and am going to get a rad made up an extra 2" high to make use of the gained space. I think the main bugbear of the surfs is inadequate rad size.

Got to fix the engine first though

Rob.

Comment

To save a lot of mess and hassle just swap both axels over and both front diffs.Got to be quicker and easier surely as thats the way i am doing it
        It would help with the 33's aswell as towing.I want to get mine done asap as i tow alot and about 2.5 to 3t at a time so it will save on a fair bit of heating issues aswell for me
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

roberto , so you have bought yourself a christmas pressie
          JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
            To save a lot of mess and hassle just swap both axels over and both front diffs.Got to be quicker and easier surely as thats the way i am doing it
            It would help with the 33's aswell as towing.I want to get mine done asap as i tow alot and about 2.5 to 3t at a time so it will save on a fair bit of heating issues aswell for me
            Yeah that's what I was going to do - as you say it's not worth taking the axles apart when I don't need to..

Cheers,
            Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by lord lucan View Post
              roberto , so you have bought yourself a christmas pressie
              Terence,

Yep have bought a 3.0 in need of some TLC. I think the heads gone but am prepared to sell the 2.4 to pay for a new one if needed. Same colour as the old one. Have got to start putting all my good bits over to it and put the 2.4 back to standard.

Rob.

Comment

Working...
              X