trouble with heater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trouble with heater

can anyone help ?. I have a 93 surf (2.4 TD) and trouble with the heater. It works fine on every setting apart from directing it at the windscreen, which means in this cold weather i am constantly wiping the inside of the screen. Does anyone know what this might be, i had thought of a filter or something that m,ight be blocked but i wouldnt know where to start looking for one. Any help much appreciated, cheers graham

i have a similar issue, that i tried to fix but couldnt by kicking the control box for it beside drivers foot rest, the lil yokey with the white arms ....

Comment

Do a search for de-misting or something similar, there is a thread on here somewhere that tells you about the cable and how to fix it! Common problem.
      Good luck
      Alan
      www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by tintin View Post
        Do a search for de-misting or something similar, there is a thread on here somewhere that tells you about the cable and how to fix it! Common problem.
        Good luck
        Alan
        you love plugging the search button dont ya!!!!!

Comment

I had similar on my 91, frayed cable stopping full movement, got new from local Toyota for £12.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobE View Post
            you love plugging the search button dont ya!!!!!
            Just didn't have time to find it myself last night Bob

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...t=heater+cable

Hope this helps you both!

Alan
            www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

thanks

thanks guys, turns out (after looking at the info on this site) that the cables mustnt be tight enough and it wasnt pulling it up to the top position but god only knows how you adjust it without ripping the car to bits. I managed to push it in position manually which works but isnt ideal.

Anyway more good news, the radiator is now leeking, anyone know where to get a cheap replacement?

cheers, graham

Comment

Working...
              X