3rd Gen 4x4 faulty ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Gen 4x4 faulty ??

Due to the currant snow we have, my 3rd Gen has been 4x4 for the past few days. But now it apears to disengage during the night, when I start up first thing the 4x4 light is on, but it's only in 2WD, with the back end going all but the right direction. I have tried going forward and back a few times, but on frozen hard snow this is not so easy.

After a bit of slipping and sliding I got down our 250 yard drive and onto the main road and onto some hard standing (wet slush) Once again I tried forward and reverse and it eventualy clicked in. All apeard fine untill I met with some slow moving, stop/start traffic, by this time we are back onto frozen snow, as soon as I stop and then restart I'm back in 2WD again,and getting a few dirty looks as I slither along.

Not sure where to start ? Sticking solenoid or mabe it's frozen, tempature is -4 out here.

Your thoughts please?

Does the 4WD light remain illuminated ( the 4 green wheels) constant or is it blinking?
    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Yes!

Comment

Originally posted by ian2144 View Post
        Yes!
        Yes = On constant

OR

Yes = Blinking

Letting us know which one will help

Comment

Sounds like a vacuum leak either on the front diff or at the VSVs in the engine bay.
          Check the security of all the small diameter, rubber vacuum pipes that connect to the front diff actuator first then the other end at the VSVs.

Comment

4wd Woes

Same As Me Fella
            I Use 4wd In The Day To And From Work
            First Thing In The Mornings When On Start Up
            The 4wd Lights Are Flashing And 4wd Is Disconnected
            All I Do Is Push The 4wd Button And My Truck Re Ingages 4wd
            Hmmmmm
            Sounds Like You Have A Poss Vacuum Problem !!
            MINES A LARGE ONE !!!

Comment

I think I have found my problem ! I got the wife to watch what was hapening when I pulled away, front wheels spining and one rear wheel locked up. This is what's been giving me the oversteer efect ! A sticking hand brake linkage, got under and gave both linkage levers a few taps with a hammer and bobs your uncle.....4WD apears to be working fine ...... panic over.

As soon as I have the time, I could do with removing the linkage and get it cleaned up or replaced.

Thank for your input guys.

Comment

Working...
              X