hot engine under load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hot engine under load

hi, i have a 2.4 turbo surf, new head done and full radiator job done. driving normal is fine but when i drove for about 20kms in sorf sand i found it getting hot but returned to normal in normal driving condition. i know surfs have heating issues but has any one got advise about what i can do, i also find that fuel economy is up and i feel power could be a bit better. so con the turbo on 2.4 surfs be adjusted to give better power and economy ad i feel this could also contribute to part solving my heating problem as well. thanks for anyones help. rob

this might seem silly but when did you last changed your transmission fluid?
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Driving 20km in soft sand WILL raise the temperature. I think you mean fuel economy is down (i.e., fuel useage is up).

This is a great site , but I reckon you might be better off asking on the Australian Surf Owner's Forum, where local knowledge in local conditions may be beneficial to you, and then posting your best responses on here, for information.

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/

Comment

transmission fluid

Originally posted by charvell View Post
        this might seem silly but when did you last changed your transmission fluid?
        thanks for that advise, the surfs auto is well past its service, and i have it booked in for a service after new year, i am also considering if a transmission oil cooler would help.

Comment

I found with mine when towing and working hard, engine starting to get too warm, my viscous fan wasn't cutting in, so took it of and adjusted it like on this forum and all good, adjust it or replace it

Comment

Working...
          X