Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear window not dropping, but it's not the motor

because I can hear that spinning.

Any ideas as to what may have happened? and also, how to get in there?
    I've lubed the mech a few times as per the instructions on Cordlords site so am quite familiar with getting to it but now, of course, I can't get the back open

Any advice appreciated

Cheers,

Chris
    Signature stolen along with Surf...

you need to do it from the inside as you cant lower the window.I think the runners on the window may of had it and the plastic rollers on the mech aren't working as they should
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I didn't realise I could do it from inside, Doh!

From what I remember, it was impossible to access all the mech as it's right in the middle of the tailgate.
      Am I better off replacing the whole thing do you think?

Cheers,

Chris

Comment

i would take the mech out first and see if the rollersare in good order and check the runners on the window aswell.Once the mech is out you can drop the tailgate then and work from outside.

Comment

Cheers matey, I'll do that then.

I'll wait until the weather improves a bit though!

Do you have anything in stock if do need replacement parts?

Cheers,

Chris

Comment

I got a mechanism here if needed and i think i got some decent runners for the bottom of the window aswell

Comment

http://forums.bauchan.org/portal/articles.php?rid=0

Comment

Fantastic, thanks both !

Cheers,

Chris

Comment

This happened to mine a few weeks ago. I know it sounds really daft, but have you checked if the rear wiper arm is fully in its 'at rest' position? If it is not, it stops the window lowering, well at least thats what the problem was on mine. As soon as i returned it to its 'at rest' position, the back window started working.

Comment

Ok, thanks for that, I will check (trucks at home at the moment.)

Surely I wouldn't hear the motor spinning if it was that though? wouldn't that be an electrical cut-out rather than mechanical?

Be nice if it is that!

Cheers,

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by corsetts View Post
                      Surely I wouldn't hear the motor spinning if it was that though?
                      You wouldn't. The circuit is disconnected/disabled when that arm park switch is open circuit.

Comment

Cheers mate,

Chris

Comment

hi all
                          wonder if u can help i 2 have the same problem , motor is spinning the mech looks rusted prob with mine is the window is down an inch and u can guess what happens when it rains ive tried using the guide but the motor seems to b rivited on! not allen key as the guide says
                          is there an easy way to remedy this

thanx in advance

pauly
                          1992 hilux surf ssr-x 2.4 auto 2nd gen LN130

http://cornishhostingcompany.co.uk/support/aff.php?aff=005

Comment

Hi it could be the cog on the motor has worn out. Mine was like that on the rear window, I swapped it with the passenger window (reversed the polarities of both motors) and now both windows work as the passenger has a slightly different wear pattern so the worn cog still runs the passenger window.

Anyway no parts required and a cheap fix. Grease them alot when you have the panels and motors out and it should help there service life :-)

Good luck.

Comment

It may be screwed on with a torque type fitting. Use a mirror to see what fastener you are dealing with. My passenger window was a strange head to secure the motor and my rear window had 8mm bolts !!! got there in the end with the help of a mirror and a set of random driver fittings :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X