Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rattling Noise

Hi Guys,

I own a 1996 SSRG surf, i must admit i love the car... but as of late i have a rattling noise coming under the hood as step on the gas mostly when its halfway down... i have changed the spark plugs to no avail, i fell the car has lost some power in the process...

if it helps: the problem started after i filled the tank up...

My engine is 5VZ-FE, 3.4L Petrol.

thanks,
    Vladimir.

Great site!

its sounds like its pinking, not sure if this is possible on a petrol surf, but it sounds like your timing is out
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

You've put the wrong fuel in it. Use Higher octane fuel next time. As has been said, it's probably pinking, which will destroy the engine eventually. Be gentle with it until the next time you fill up.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
        You've put the wrong fuel in it. Use Higher octane fuel next time. As has been said, it's probably pinking, which will destroy the engine eventually. Be gentle with it until the next time you fill up.
        or you can put in an octane additive
        私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
          or you can put in an octane additive
          I've never used them so can't comment.
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Pinking?

Hi,
            thanks for all the reply, i am actullay scared with some of the coments,

"it's probably pinking, which will destroy the engine eventually"....

where i live (Angola), there is not much options, they only supply unleaded fuel and don't have a clue about higher octane and stuff like that...

i have refulled the car many times since then, but the problem presists...

HINT: the noise seem to disappear when the tank is low on fuel?

thanks all...

--------------------------
            if engines were computers.....

Comment

Ive never bought petrol in Angola, but theres plenty of petrol motors around and plenty of petrol Surfs/4 Runners, so at a guess Id say that Sonangol mostly have it right. ( or is it Total who do the refining ). It does sound like "pinking" so maybe a slight adjustment to the timing is whats needed.

Bogus
              Сви можемо

Comment

Still Rattling

hi,

i am not sure who does the refining...

as you goes might have noticed i not too familiar with machanics, can you lead on how to do the timing adjustment?

can you start by telling me what type of timing adjustment is nedded?

vladimir

Comment

Working...
                X