Advice needed Power Steering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed Power Steering

I have a leak on my power steering, Had a look at the Roughtrax site and see that they do a seal kit for the motor. Has anyone tried this kit? and how long would it take a complete novice with the mechanical aptitude or Mr Bean to change the seals? or

Would I be better off sourcing a recon / new motor?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mark.
    Entered this world with nothing, ain't got much of it left.

ae you talking about the pump leaking mate?
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

i know some members will not like this but did you know you can get a power steering stop leak .

try a motor factors , and yes i put it in mine and it worked , it looks like dexron III but is thick , real thick .

been in over a year now and no leaks .

john

i spend all day every day working on cars and , well i just dont want to work on mine at the weekends
      i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

Save yourfelf the hassle and contact stormforce or lord lucan they will be able to help you with either the steering box or pump for a lot less money
        I NEEED MUD.....and Welsh spring water!!!

Comment

Aye had a bit of a leak myself stormy sorted me out but.... still to fix.. lot cheaper and easier than messing around with seals .... not the furry kind!! and earier to replace the whole thing if not mechanicaly minded as i definately aint!
          The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Thanks for the replies Guys

Will find out exactly where the leak is coming from and take it from there
            Entered this world with nothing, ain't got much of it left.

Comment

Working...
            X