Strange Squashed Duck Noise?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Squashed Duck Noise?!?

Hi People! Now and again the front right wheel goes higher than the front left, for example, going up a curb. when the hilux does this, i get a funny squark/squashed duck noise. Any ideas?? have noticed the outer cv boot on front left wheel has split also, could this noise becoming from the cv joint??

Cheers Tom!!

I'm off to squash a duck to see what sound it makes. Steering stops make terrible noises if not greased.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
      I'm off to squash a duck to see what sound it makes.

Comment

Is the noise sending you quackers

Sorry but someone had to say it.
        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Well in the interests of science I have conducted rigorous and thorough study and discovered that:

in 96% of cases ducks in fact go 'aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrggh!' when squashed with objects such as pianos, safes and anvils.

In 2% of cases the ducks exclaimed 'oh god no!'. A correlation was noted between ducks shrieking 'oh god no!' and those who had a Vennessa Feltz dropped on them.

in 1% of case subjects, they did not utter any vocalisation and simply adopted a look of resignation and inner peace.

Strangely the final 1% of ducks said 'oh no. not again'. Many people have speculated that if we knew exactly why the duck had said that, we would know a lot more about the nature of the universe than we do now.

Sorry, I had acoupleof cans

Comment

If you dont have any steering lock on when it happens, check the bottom bolts on the front shocks. Take em out, cover them in copper grease (where they go through the bush) and then pop them back.

If the unthreaded bit that goes through the bush looks worn, get yourself a new one, grease as above and pop it back in.

Mine did it for ages, new bolts and copper grease cured it!

Mind you, the sound was more that of a seagull being slowly deflated than a duck being squashed.
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
            X